Hello from California

Hi All, I recently got the Tower Bridge for Christmas and since have been on a LEGO buying and building spree. It's really amazing how much bigger these sets have gotten since my childhood, and it is so cool that there are LOTR sets! Does anyone here open their sets and build them with the intention of flipping them in a few years?

Hi All,

I recently got the Tower Bridge for Christmas and since have been on a LEGO buying and building spree.

It's really amazing how much bigger these sets have gotten since my childhood, and it is so cool that there are LOTR sets!

Does anyone here open their sets and build them with the intention of flipping them in a few years?

I can't seem to get rid of any of the sets I have ever owned, I just keep them forever lol. If I do plant to sell, I don't even consider opening them....

WELCOME!

Welcome! I only recently started buying extra sets and keeping them sealed as investments. I've sold sets before that I originally bought for myself and built, and I imagine I'll keep doing that if and when I get tired of a set. Knowing that even an opened set holds its value over time is part of how I justify buying them to play with.