Advice, Help, Direction GREATLY Needed and Appreciated on Star Wars LEGOs ASAP!

JeanSaunders13

I have 7 Star Wars Lego Sets. Their boxes were opened neatly and they were assembled by a 40 year-old man. The sets were never disassembled and all of the parts are included. I have pictures of each of them fully-assembled to put up for sale and still have them put together to show the buyer. They have never been played with by anyone...they sat in plastic bags on a shelf as trophies, fully-assembled for years. Now, I need to sell them.

Are they considered new or used? The boxes have been kept in mint condition and they were purchased mail-order-direct from the LEGO company around the time Episode 1 came out...so the boxes have never been scratched up or on shelves.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! I need to sell them ASAP!

I have 7 Star Wars Lego Sets. Their boxes were opened neatly and they were assembled by a 40 year-old man. The sets were never disassembled and all of the parts are included. I have pictures of each of them fully-assembled to put up for sale and still have them put together to show the buyer. They have never been played with by anyone...they sat in plastic bags on a shelf as trophies, fully-assembled for years. Now, I need to sell them.

Are they considered new or used? The boxes have been kept in mint condition and they were purchased mail-order-direct from the LEGO company around the time Episode 1 came out...so the boxes have never been scratched up or on shelves.

Ah, too bad -- if they had been assembled by a kid, those sets might have been worth something, but the market for Star Wars sets assembled by 40-year-old men is sort of flooded right now...

Okay, I'm kidding. I just found her description humorous...

On average, used sets are worth about 75% of nib in this market, sometimes, they can be worth 90% though, it really depends on the set and what the appeal is for it. With smaller sets, often times those are not as valuable in box since people will be more likely to take them out and build them, with larger, rarer sets, they can hold a premium value for being NIB.

Yeah, as others have said it would not be accurate to try to list them as new. However, these are going to be pretty old SW sets so you may still be able to yield close to new prices for them if the particular sets are in demand, and very likely more than what was paid for them. Look up their going rates on here, its a good resource. Do the math and accept a fair offer, remember to take into account the fees you would have to pay if you sold them on Ebay vs. a private buyer. That being said, be educated and don't let a local buyer take you for a ride with a lowball offer.

Hey everyone! I guess my description of 'the 40 year-old man that put all 7 of these sets together' was kind of humorous! I could tell you more...but really, this is a happy and child-friendly forum! Right? Besides, in a mid-life crisis...I thought you were supposed to want race cars...not pod-racers?! Thank you all for your kind answers and advice. More help is always welcome...and more jokes and happiness is great too! Jean

Hey everyone! I guess my description of 'the 40 year-old man that put all 7 of these sets together' was kind of humorous! I could tell you more...but really, this is a happy and child-friendly forum! Right? Besides, in a mid-life crisis...I thought you were supposed to want race cars...not pod-racers?!

Thank you all for your kind answers and advice. More help is always welcome...and more jokes and happiness is great too!

Jean

If you'd like to "tell more", I'm also curious why the sets were stored fully assembled on a shelf in plastic bags -- never heard that one before...

• 2 months later...

They are used sets, but when you are selling them you can say that they were assembled and then put on a shelf for display and never played with. This may attract some buyers. Also, they would be worth some more since they were not played with at all.

Where are you going to sell them. On Ebay, you will list as Used, but if you really put a lot of work into the listing you can get some serious good money for Used sets.