8097 - Slave I

Blackjack

A few years a go, a kid was trying to give me this set for free, and I ended up giving him a light-up Mace Windu for it. It is missing a few pieces and all the minifigs, but is still listed at about $70, in my Brickfolio. What do you think I could get for it?

I don't like the idea of owning incomplete sets like that, but maybe that's my OCD. Used sets in my personal collection have to be complete or I just consider them parts until they finished. I'd either seek out the missing stuff or get rid of it and get what you can for it.

• Like 1

I don't like the idea of owning incomplete sets like that, but maybe that's my OCD. Used sets in my personal collection have to be complete or I just consider them parts until they finished. I'd either seek out the missing stuff or get rid of it and get what you can for it.

I'm this way we well. If I find a cool set in a lot, but it's missing figures, it's gone. I know many people go the other way, that they don't care about the figures and just want the vehicles to display.

As for selling it. Totally up to you and if you need the cash.

If you really want to sell, and really want to get your money's worth, I would try to find the last few pieces that you need to complete the set. If the pieces are fairly common in your actual collection, by all means grab them from your own personal collection. Sometimes it is worth it to get a few more bucks. I do that all the time. ;) Looking at the growth charts, this one is on the rise...pretty big rise. You can probably make a little more ($10-$15) in a year assuming no other remakes are made, so you could also decide to hold your set for a little while longer, though you may not want to since it sounds like you want to sell. :-)

If you really want to sell, and really want to get your money's worth, I would try to find the last few pieces that you need to complete the set. If the pieces are fairly common in your actual collection, by all means grab them from your own personal collection. Sometimes it is worth it to get a few more bucks. I do that all the time. ;)

Looking at the growth charts, this one is on the rise...pretty big rise. You can probably make a little more ($10-$15) in a year assuming no other remakes are made, so you could also decide to hold your set for a little while longer, though you may not want to since it sounds like you want to sell. :-)

Believe me, I've already gutted my collection for all the pieces I could.

• 1 year later...

If anyone is looking for this set, here's a pretty good deal. Sealed bags in an opened box at about $100 with postage. If my son didn't already own one, I would pounce on it.http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=2&toolid=10041&campid=5337057111&customid=dailydeal&lgeo=1&vectorid=229466&item=111551626632

I knew that new 8097 wouldn't last long on eBay for $100 shipped. Anyone here buy it?