Which Lego Series can you never invest in because you're always keeping it for yourself?

Guest ph4tb0i

Guest ph4tb0i

Mine is definitely the Trains. I just got a killer deal on a Hogwarts Express and I kept telling myself "ok, going to sell this. profit. $$$$. profit.. wooohoooz"..... .....only to have me not able to part with it. :( Anybody else have this? This is assuming you can't get buy multiples of this set though... :)

I like every set under any theme that I purchase so to simply part with it would be a chore. I know I could do such a thing if I had planned on buying something for the purpose of investment to begin with though. I will admit it would be tricky to finally let go of something even with the starting intention of resale.

No particular theme, just pretty much any set that I don't have a lot of inventory of. At first, I would open a set when I had at least one more to save. Then I started to wait until I had two to save, after all, its much easier to break even or make some $$$ when you are selling two of them off. Then I started waiting until I had four of them stashed away before opening, currently, I am at 8, no opening until there are 8 additional sets in my inventory to sell. As for it being hard, sometimes, but then I just remind myself that I hardly have room to display the sets that I already have built, let alone all these new ones, and that keeps me in check pretty well.