3368 - Space Center

redeemed763

I just noticed this one at my Walmart for $49, must have been returned or something since I don't think they carry it anymore. I'd like some input on this one, I can see how past space shuttles have done, but since this is a rocket, it should probably be treated a bit differently. It could be a dud, but it seems to me that since they don't make these very often, it should grow pretty well.

It's a cool set but the rocket is somewhat fragile in the hands of a 5 year old. It comes with some great pieces too - not necessarily rare, but expensive to buy from Bricklink. I think both kids and adults like this set so it should do well in the secondary market.

I didn't realize it wasn't EOL. $90 isn't bad considering that included free shipping. With the addition to some states sales tax plus shipping from LEGO Shop at Home they would probably pay more. The thing about eBay is a lot of people who don't have a real bank account use PayPal to buy and sell stuff.

A definite little sleeper here... shhh :-) I've flipped a few successfully for 30% profit and plan on holding a couple longer term. I think the City Space sets are quite good value and have more collector appeal and less likelihood of being re-made as much of the other City sets.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

I have sold quite a few the last months. The highest price being 105 euro if I remember correctly. I still have 5 of these and will put them up after my move to the new house is done. Maybe keep 2 for the long long term. I think the ceiling is almost reached. I do not see it going to 150 euro. Maybe 120 euro and that is it. Although I hope I am wrong and it rises even more.

I am sitting on a few of these from when Amazon.co.uk blew these out. I think I'm realistic in a ceiling of $120 or so, but Space themes are popular and as long as a reboot isn't on the horizon it might go higher. If another Space subtheme comes around in the next City wave (after the 'demolition' wave coming up in winter) it will be time to dump, otherwise I'd guess the sweetest spot to sell might be next Christmas.

• 2 months later...

Just listed 2 of my 3 for $115 each plus shipping.

It's quite ok but I think you can try a little higher.

I sold my sets (let me check...) 75% above the RRP and it was quite easy.

If I were you and I wanted to sell my sets before Xmas, I would try $129 for 3 days, then $125, then $119, and not resell lower than this price.

This set is pure gold. I have only 2 left. But they are as MISB as a set can possibly be. I know if I put them up for 150 euro I will sell easy. There are only used ones now on ebay.de. But I am doubting. Cannot say goodbye to my best earning set. What should I do? Part from them or keep them?