If LEGO bricks were poor investments, would you still buy them?

dunkers97

I know a lot of people are into Legos for the the money, but what Legos if had no investment purposes? Would you still buy them?

I think the vast majority of investors began as builders and collectors. For many, it is a way to fund the building. I'm sure there are many, however, that have no interest whatsoever in Lego sets themselves, just the $$$$. Which I don't blame at all, and am a bit envious, they don't worry about opening and building their sets.:lol:

My son and I build just as much as I tuck away. If a set needs moved along, it gets sold for usually a good chunk of the original purchase price, rinse and repeat.

Of course! I'm a collector first and investor second. Using my profits from investing to fuel my own collection. If There was no money to be made I'd still buy for my collection but I'd have to be a lot more selective and miss out on some that I wanted.

I think the only major difference would be quantity purchased... Cannot see anyone buying 10, 15, 20 or even 40 of same set if the investing aspect is removed. As for myself, I am an collector/even builder first then little investor.

I think the only major difference would be quantity purchased...

Cannot see anyone buying 10, 15, 20 or even 40 of same set if the investing aspect is removed.

As for myself, I am an collector/even builder first then little investor.

exactly.......It would be a waste of money to buy more than one of any set, unless you were trying to build a minifig army or something and even then it would probably be cheaper just to buy the minifigs.

exactly.......It would be a waste of money to buy more than one of any set, unless you were trying to build a minifig army or something and even then it would probably be cheaper just to buy the minifigs.Maybe some sets have a good price to piece ratio and you are building up your inventory for a MOC.

exactly.......It would be a waste of money to buy more than one of any set, unless you were trying to build a minifig army or something and even then it would probably be cheaper just to buy the minifigs.Maybe some sets have a good price to piece ratio and you are building up your inventory for a MOC.

Still doubt anyone would buy 40 of them to be honest :)