THIS Is Why You Trade!!!!!

Blackjack

Let me open by saying that this is not really about investing, so I'll save your time if that is what you clicked for! I've already described my trading business in depth, but I'll give a quickish overview. Years ago I bought two Ziploc bags of old Lego for $4 from some girls I knew, and began trading it (along with pieces from my earliest sets) to friends. I went after Star Wars almost exclusively, but picked up odd pieces along the way. Over the years, I've made a ton of good deals, and grown my collection without trading a SINGLE minifigure from a set I received or bought new. I have about 300 or so figs, maybe 3/5 of which I got through trading. Now many of you disagree that these are free, but since the initial investment was only $4 plus some old pieces, the cost per fig would only equal like $000.2 or something! As I've said in earlier posts, we have a crappy store near us which sells Lego, but is in no way affiliated with TLG. They're prices are terrible (Ahsoka/Santa Yoda $25 apiece) but sometimes they have figs below what they're worth. Basically, it's a total wildcard. Anyway, IrishGuy66 started bringing in stuff he didn't want anymore and trading it to the guy for different figs. I've gotten him to take some of my stuff in, and just this week, he picked up a Sith Fury Class Interceptor NISB for me! That's the point of the thread. Now some of the figs I had him take in are pretty nice (aka Jawa, Rotta, Samukai) but I got the Rotta and Jawa dirt cheap off dunkers97 years ago, so it isn't a big loss. I'd wanted him to get me one to build and one to keep, but he only got one so I built it. 8-/ This would be a great way for me to get investment sets in the future, and though you may disagree, I consider it a free $90 set! (aside the years I've spent curating the collection! %-P )

Some kid GAVE me Rotta and the Jawa so I made some money too! Yeah its been what... like 8 years for you and you still don't have an old Jabba, all the clone commanders, two 7676 Ventress' or a cloud city boba fet and I've only been trading for 6 years. Not saying you don't have any good stuff, but hey... :P

This is good stuff, and is still related to investing in my opinion, because it provides an example of how starting small but making really wise choices can expand your portfolio greatly. We may be talking just minifigs here, but the same is true in all forms of business. It's nothing to scoff at if you did all that from 4 bucks. Great job, Blackjack!

Some kid GAVE me Rotta and the Jawa so I made some money too! Yeah its been what... like 8 years for you and you still don't have an old Jabba, all the clone commanders, two 7676 Ventress' or a cloud city boba fet and I've only been trading for 6 years. Not saying you don't have any good stuff, but hey... :P

That would be a DAMAGED CCBF, and who's got TWO Hulk's, old Yoda, 37 mandalorians, and a Darth Malgus! You get all the ripe little homeschoolers with no sense to feast off of with no competition. Lucky... :roll:

This is good stuff, and is still related to investing in my opinion, because it provides an example of how starting small but making really wise choices can expand your portfolio greatly. We may be talking just minifigs here, but the same is true in all forms of business. It's nothing to scoff at if you did all that from 4 bucks. Great job, Blackjack!

And that was only a very few of my figs.

That would be a DAMAGED CCBF, and who's got TWO Hulk's, old Yoda, 37 mandalorians, and a Darth Malgus! You get all the ripe little homeschoolers with no sense to feast off of with no competition. Lucky... :roll:

Yo dawg! I just met a kid that has the 9500 and the 7964 and he said he might trade me Mulgus, ANOTHER Wolffe, wolf pack trooper, and one of the two jedi dudes (excluding Yoda). Oh and BTW.... I am getting that Jabba off whiteboy02!! I'll foo whatever it takes!! MWAHAHAHA