Howdy from Michigan

Well howdy everyone. Just getting back to Lego and alternate bricks. My name is George and I am 66 years old. Never too old to enjoy Lego. Figuring out how to build something keeps the mind sharp! Use it or lose it!:lol: That includes your mind!I am not a Lego purist but lean heavily towards Lego being my first choice. My area is trains. Been out for several years but can't resist the urge to return. Last couple of years, pared down the collection by selling off things I wish I hadn't but needed to make room for new other model railroad hobby stuff. If I had waited could have sold them for much more. Am surprised to see where Lego prices are going. To buy a set and set it aside for possible increase in value later is an alien concept to me. I buy to build and if it gets set aside mint in box it is only because I didn't have time or space to assemble it. Still it is interesting to follow the investment scene. Like the 9V trains but am eager to try the power system that Lego has come out with. Not as convenient as the 9V system but when has that ever stopped a Lego builder. :-) George