21343 - Viking Village

Pseudoty

7 hours ago, mplsabdullah said:

Wasn't target supposed to have some exclusive Viking set?

Yes, set for release October 1st.  It was an ideas submission which reached 10k support votes but was rejected during the review process. It was picked up as being a target exclusive. If you watch the video @Pseudoty posted above, it shows the original submission and the newly leaked photos.  Official photos are planned to be released Sept.1st.  

The confusion is being caused b/c this thread was started for a different Viking submission. The original poster shared his Viking house creation, still in the gathering support phase. 

maybe a mod can move this discussion to the ideas thread or create a new thread dedicated to 21343.

'

French retailer Fnac have given us an early glimpse of the next LEGO Ideas set: 21343 Viking Village. The original Ideas submission by user Brickhammer did reach the magic 10,000 supporters number, but didn’t make it past the reveiw stage. However, last year it was part of a vote conducted between LEGO and US retailer Target to bring back one of these sets. The submission will finally see the light of day over 3 years after its original submission. With 2,103 pieces and four minifigures, the set is expected to hit Fnac’s shelves on October 1st, for an estimated US $139.99 | CAN $TBD | UK £TBD.' - Brothers Brick.

• Set number: 21343
  • Name: Viking Village
  • Theme: Ideas
  • Pieces: 2103
  • Minifigures: 4
  • Dimensions: 24 cm (9.45″) tall, 46 cm (18.11″) wide, and 26 cm (10.24″) deep
  • Price: $139.99/€139.99 in LEGO Shop
  • Release date: October 1, 2023

LEGO-Ideas-21343-Viking-Village-Box-Front-640x640.jpg

original Ideas submission:

LEGO IDEAS - Viking Village

• Like 2

I got the Adventure Ride loaded, but I'm hesitating on the Day 1 purchase without a GWP and lackluster cashback extension offers. I got till 10.16.23 to redeem the Ride. @Pseudoty do you remember when/what the next GWP will be offered?

ps: I forsee getting weak in the knees at 12:01 am and pulling the trigger at this price point lol

Edited by Captain_Obvious
  • Like 1

Yes, set for release October 1st.  It was an ideas submission which reached 10k support votes but was rejected during the review process. It was picked up as being a target exclusive. If you watch the video [mention=31269]Pseudoty[/mention] posted above, it shows the original submission and the newly leaked photos.  Official photos are planned to be released Sept.1st.  

The confusion is being caused b/c this thread was started for a different Viking submission. The original poster shared his Viking house creation, still in the gathering support phase. 

maybe a mod can move this discussion to the ideas thread or create a new thread dedicated to 21343.
Thanks for the reply. The few things I watched and read about this made no mention of Target. So this will only be available at target? Or only target and Lego?

34 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

I got the Adventure Ride loaded, but I'm hesitating on the Day 1 purchase without a GWP and lackluster cashback extension offers. I got till 10.16.23 to redeem the Ride. @Pseudoty do you remember when/what the next GWP will be offered?

ps: I forsee getting weak in the knees at 12:01 am and pulling the trigger at this price point lol

No, I have the Adventure Ride loaded as well to go with Gringotts and the 2 HP GWP. I have to get the Vault GWP to go with Gringotts so figured mine as well take the plunge now. If I didn't already get the new Hogwarts from Target that would be my pick to get all the GWP and save Gringotts for 2X VIP and/or higher threshold GWP. There are no other HP sets at all for me to buy. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

I agree. It's niche and not all that nostalgic. Maybe that's why they underpriced it.

Side note, this was a confusing drop lol. First, it was Sept 1st, then it became Oct 1st, and over the weekend the preorder option popped up on Sept 2nd. Still pulled the trigger, I guess FOMO, but I don't see this thing going on back order.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/viking-village-21343

image.thumb.png.5f07050ec759c4356cd976e435403689.png

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

It seems like it is a stripped down version with only 4 minifigures, lots of stickers, simplistic roof and not enough detail elements like the snow and foilage to help keep the price down. I will wait until the Target BF/CM deal.

There are no stickers, everything is printed. More minifigs would have been nice, but it matches the Blacksmith, which has a similar piece count and costs $180. I agree that the nostalgia factor is smaller because vikings only existed for 2.5 years and it's a bit early for kids of 2004-2007 to come out of their dark ages. However, I could see this getting MOCed a fair bit -- some small tweaks and you could put pirates or knights in there.

I don't recall such high-priced sets to show up for BF/CM at Target. Best I recall for the Burrow is 20% off and not at EOL.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrickLover80 said:

There are no stickers, everything is printed.

My Bad!

Blacksmith, which has a similar piece count and costs $180.

Was $150 but the VV is a great value based on PPP. 

I don't recall such high-priced sets to show up for BF/CM at Target

It is a Target Exclusive in the USA so hopefully they will. 

40 minutes ago, Captain_Obvious said:

Question for my historical nerds... I'd like to combine my Castle, Pirate, and Viking sets into a single universe for interplay. What period of time would all 3 of these coexist in -- is it the dark, middle, or some other age? I'm hoping a true historical point could provide me with some context for a realistic storyline. 

A 30 second tour of google yielded:

The period referred to as the Viking Age dates from around AD 800 to 1050

Though pirates have existed since ancient times, the Golden Age of piracy was in the 17th and early 18th centuries.

One of the oldest documents (inscription on a clay tablet) describing pirates dates back to Pharo Echnaton (1350 BC). The report mentions notorious free lance Mediterranean shipping attacks in North Africa.

European-style castles originated in the 9th and 10th centuries, after the fall of the Carolingian Empire resulted in its territory being divided among individual lords and princes.

So roll with that Viking age, as it captures everything. 

• Like 1