Register your sets at Lego online to earn 20 VIP points per set beyond 2018

cardensb

I'm sure this is posted elsewhere but since I don't roam other forums here, I figure maybe some others here don't too.

Lego online has started rewarded 20 VIP points per registered set.  Most sets after 2018 have a QR code on the front of the instruction manual.  Scan it with your mobile device's QR code app and log into the Lego site to register. 

I successfully registered 22 random SW's sets tonight.  Mando's N1 Starfighter set would not resolve and I bought it new so no one else should have registered it already.

Each set supposedly has a unique code so multiple sets could be registered.  I have not gotten into battle packs yet to verify though.

Advent sets and the May 4th type freebies do not have codes (or I have not found any yet).  Advent sets do not have instructions....

Lego has not stated why they are collecting the data but free VIP points for the time it takes to go through a stack of manuals seems worth it.

It does not appear that they are building a database of our collections that we can review yet.  I could not find anything on my account to display the contents of what I have registered.

49 minutes ago, cardensb said:

It does not appear that they are building a database of our collections that we can review yet.  I could not find anything on my account to display the contents of what I have registered.

Once you scan them they display in the Lego Builder App. 

IMG_1604.jpeg

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cardensb said:

Has anyone else successfully registered 75325, Mando's N-1 Starfighter?

How about any of the 4xxxxx micro sets?  I have not found one with a QR code yet.  I think any of the special promotion items are not getting coded.

The sets in the Walmart multipacks also don't work.

• Sad 1

There are so many sets and even themes without QR codes but I have yet to find a QR code that hasn’t worked. Even the new Hogwarts that came out today when I got it early at target and scanned the instructions it gave me the points even though the set wasn’t available in the app yet. 

ETA: I was hoping to get $60 worth of VIP points out of this but gave up as it was not worth my time. I have a couple plastic bins with old instructions that when I can get to them may have a few more but probably prior to 2018. 

5 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

The sets in the Walmart multipacks also don't work.

But do they work if purchased individually?

Edited by Pseudoty

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

There are so many sets and even themes without QR codes but I have yet to find a QR code that hasn’t worked. Even the new Hogwarts that came out today when I got it early at target and scanned the instructions it gave me the points even though the set wasn’t available in the app yet. 

But do they work if purchased individually?

I would think they would. Each set inside the multipack scans as the multipack and doesn't add the 20 points.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...