Crazy Scientist for $35 & Attack on Weathertop for $60 - Take Back or Keep?

I just bought 2 items. One 9466 Monster Hunters: Crazy Scientist for 35.00 and one 9472 for 60.00. My question is should I take back the "Attack on Wheathertop" and grab 2 more Crazy Scientist? I'll be selling everything before Chirstmas of this year (October - November).

Since Weathertop is already EOL I would hold onto what you've got. Even though you paid retail it's gone! You can't order one on Lego.com (US at least). I think you'll see a mostest increase in price for those these sets by Christmas shopping season.

I'm taking the risk that Weathertop will do well. LOTR theme is going to do well. In my area they haven't been kept in stock very well. Plus it's the first LOTR set to hit EOL status. The next wave of LOTR sets probably won't hit until every first wave LOTR sets have completely disappeared from store shelves. By that time Weathertop will be long gone and people who start collecting the them in the second wave will want these sets badly.

You've got 90 days with the Weathertop set to return it. If Walmart clearances them out bring it back and haggle with customer service to try and get them to reduce the price. In 3 months we should know if it will be a winner or not on the secondary market anyway, and if it's not doing anything by July you might want to return it anyway. Keep that receipt!

I was at walmart yesterday and they had about 6 weather tops. Does buying full retail on an item that is EOL trump the 20-30% off rule? I am going "hunting" tomorrow so advice would be good. My son has 40 to spend he is thinking of getting a lone ranger set. Should be a fun day he takes forever to decide. We are going to hit the lego store last.