Anyone here an Artist?

TheOrcKing

With so many members about, plus I'm anxiously curious as heck, but I really want to know if anyone here is an artist of some kind? Illustrator, author, painter, sketcher, charcoal, pixel, music, sculptor, photographer, indie games, whatever. Doesn't really matter as to what your medium is, I honestly would love to hear about it.

I love to draw in pencil, sometimes pencil crayons. I haven't done much since my first son was born over 5 years ago, but we've just started drawing together. It's been a tough road though as I'm a bit of a neat freak when it comes to art. I've had to let go many times ... I know kids are messy, but it's still hard to handle. :) I've been drawing him pictures of G1 Transformers. Unicron is next on the list!

Aside from ebay sales, I'm a full time portrait and wedding photographer. I haven't done much "art" with legos but it's something I will probably do in the future if I had more space in my home to set up larger MOCs. Being a photographer with a great camera doesn't hurt my ebay sales since I can take awesome photos of the used lego sets I'm selling.

I have a Bachelor's of Science from the Art Institute of Portland in Media Arts & Animation. I've worked in various mediums, but I primarily went to study computer graphics and animation. I worked full-time for several years as a freelance 3D artist and got to work on some fun projects. I traded in the freelance job for a steady full-time job when I got married 4 years ago. Income-wise, it has been a great move, but I do miss being paid to make art and be creative... I'm pretty sure that's why I got back into Legos. :)

I have a Bachelor's of Science from the Art Institute of Portland in Media Arts & Animation. I've worked in various mediums, but I primarily went to study computer graphics and animation. I worked full-time for several years as a freelance 3D artist and got to work on some fun projects.

I traded in the freelance job for a steady full-time job when I got married 4 years ago. Income-wise, it has been a great move, but I do miss being paid to make art and be creative... I'm pretty sure that's why I got back into Legos. :)

Portland, or? I'm in Springfield

Wow. Quite a wide selection of diverse talents to be had here. As for myself, my main thing is basically drawing with a mechanical pencil and piece of paper. Took me years before I could actually draw a person that looked like one. Ha. I don't draw that much anymore but still doodle every once in a while especially when a moment of inspiration pops into my head. Nowadays I mostly do pixel art which coincides with my side venture of video games. Nothing completed yet but hopefully someday. Somewhat thanks to my profession, I have a grasp on majority of the whole coding bit. Also tried my hand with some music programs and came up with a couple of tracks. I am continually trying to get better at it. Currently messing around with Famitracker so that I can get that authentic 8-bit sound and I have a music program that replicates the Sega Genesis chiptune synthesis but can't remember what the name of it is off hand.