"Brickipedia" is now "Brickimedia"

TheOrcKing

Just read this article on Bricket.

Basically, the team behind Brickipedia have moved the project to a new platform using this new URL. http://en.brickimedia.org/

It is still very much under construction so expect long load times for a while until things get sorted. I can say the new look is appealing, simpler, and less cluttered than the original which will still be available for use since they can't delete the old website out right.

If anything the new Brickimedia works & looks much like Wikipedia only more colorful and less monotone.

Oh and no more ads.

• Like 1

Well at the moment, slow is an understatement, but I fully understand what these guys are going through moving things around. That site has a large amount of information and I am sure they will get it sorted soon. The admins there were very supportive of BrickPicker a year ago and allowed us to put links to our set guide for all the sets which resulted in the site to start getting more eyes. We will help support them in any way we can as they figure things out and move away from the original network.

Just read this article on Bricket.

Basically, the team behind Brickipedia have moved the project to a new platform using this new URL. http://en.brickimedia.org/

It is still very much under construction so expect long load times for a while until things get sorted. I can say the new look is appealing, simpler, and less cluttered than the original which will still be available for use since they can't delete the old website out right.

If anything the new Brickimedia works & looks much like Wikipedia only more colorful and less monotone.

Oh and no more ads.

Thanks for the heads up as many of us use that site for info eference.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I know. It was a sad turn of events that the new replacement site was barely active for a month maybe and then somebody had to go be a straight up hacking a**hole. Why did said person or persons even felt compelled to do such a thing anyway? I mean, seriously. What the heck could they possibly have gotten out of hacking a Lego wiki site?

I can only imagine how much time and effort went into this in the first place, and to now try and fix the damage done is going to be three times as difficult. I don't know why there wasn't a backup especially for the kind of information site it was but I guess s**t happens unfortunately. Who knows? Maybe they were in a middle of performing a backup or trying to start one when the server was hacked by some f**ktard who apparently has nothing better to do.

Some decently good news for Brickimedia. The site is kind of up but not really. The front page is basically there and you can click on the "About our downtime" button which states thusly.

About our downtime

Brickimedia is currently offline due to a recent attack on our server host. As a result, we lost all content on our server, and now have to start over. Although this is inconvenient, it's the only option we have in order to bring our service back into the public.

Some changes that you will notice taking place include a refreshed user experience, with easier navigation, editing capability, and customization of the site for your needs. We will also be lessening the amount of projects we host for the time being. From now on, you may access the LEGO Message Boards Wiki on Wikia.

It will still be quite a while before the site is fully operational but this is a good sign things are going in the right direction of progression.

• 1 month later...

Hello everybody,

This is quite a delayed reply (and I apologize if there are policies about replying to old topics), but I wanted to inform you all of the current status. If you don't know, I'm a system administrator and developer for the Brickimedia Network. We've been working very hard to restore the sites, and we're close to a point where we can open a "beta" period. Around the time this thread was created, the main complaint was that the wikis were very slow. We addressed this issue already, so it should be much easier to use once we relaunch the site. Anyways, thank you all for your support, and if you have any questions or suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,

Meiko

• Like 2

Guest eightbrick

Hello everybody,

This is quite a delayed reply (and I apologize if there are policies about replying to old topics), but I wanted to inform you all of the current status. If you don't know, I'm a system administrator and developer for the Brickimedia Network. We've been working very hard to restore the sites, and we're close to a point where we can open a "beta" period. Around the time this thread was created, the main complaint was that the wikis were very slow. We addressed this issue already, so it should be much easier to use once we relaunch the site. Anyways, thank you all for your support, and if you have any questions or suggestions, let me know.

Thanks,

Meiko

Don't worry about it. I think any good site will get its fair amount of nitpicking, but I for one really appreciate what you guys do, Brickimedia/Brickipedia is a fantastic resource. Keep up the good work and thanks for letting us know what's up!

Hello everybody,

Thanks,

Meiko

Greetings, Meiko. I am glad to hear things are progressing especially after what happened with the server hack. I can't see any reason why anyone would do such a thing and although Brickimedia was slow at first, it looked fantastic. Looking forward to the grand re-opening of the site! ^_^

Greetings, Meiko. I am glad to hear things are progressing especially after what happened with the server hack. I can't see any reason why anyone would do such a thing and although Brickimedia was slow at first, it looked fantastic. Looking forward to the grand re-opening of the site! ^_^

It was actually an attack on our server host, RamNode, not us individually, but in result, we were one of the servers that was affected. I'm glad you all appreciate the site so much. :)

It was actually an attack on our server host, RamNode, not us individually, but in result, we were one of the servers that was affected. I'm glad you all appreciate the site so much. :)

Okay, that makes more sense. Heh, I just had a visual image of some demented hacker Mega Bloks lover sitting at his laptop in the dark laughing maniacally. :lol: Anywho, between research for set reviews, blogs, articles, or personal use, I think pretty much everyone here has found Brickipedia very resourceful.

GREAT NEWS.  It is a wonderful and informative web site.

Being an IT mgr myself, please try to keep regular server image backups (including DBs).  I'm not intending to step on toes or make assumptions but many of us want to see your site succeed :)

Hello everybody,

Thanks,

Meiko

• Like 1

Hello everybody,

Thanks,

Meiko

I love the site and am excited about the new bits.

• Like 1

GREAT NEWS.  It is a wonderful and informative web site.

Being an IT mgr myself, please try to keep regular server image backups (including DBs).  I'm not intending to step on toes or make assumptions but many of us want to see your site succeed :)

We have a complete backup of the webserver content at GitHub, also being open source. Databases and uploaded images will be backed up privately.