Does anyone like flick-fire missiles?

Blackjack

Fire away!  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care for flick missiles in your sets and builds?

• Yes
    • No

Flick missiles simply do not work. No matter what I try or how I approach the thing, they just don't go anywhere. Display is alright on some models but usually the way how they are integrated into the build messes up everything and I would rather do without. I prefer something that looks like it has workable missiles even if they don't instead of a convoluted mess with half assed non-working rockets.

Looking at the poll results so far it looks like the general consensus is many of us don't like them all that much. (12 no, 7 depends, and 0 yes.) My question is then why does TLG continue to add them onto sets? Is it for the enjoyment of kids or an easy addition for more playability? Otherwise you would think Lego would have gotten rid of them by now.

Looking at the poll results so far it looks like the general consensus is many of us don't like them all that much. (12 no, 7 depends, and 0 yes.) My question is then why does TLG continue to add them onto sets? Is it for the enjoyment of kids or an easy addition for more playability? Otherwise you would think Lego would have gotten rid of them by now.

Maybe some kids are just better at getting them to work or like to throw them through the air like a javelin or something. I guess I just have not come across that one set to convince me they really work.

• 2 months later...
Guest eightbrick

I don't mind them as long as they are not noticable and aren't placed in ridiculously innappropriate places (eg. the missiles that shoot out of weathertop. Because ancient ruins from LOTR totally have built-in defense systems).