75357 - Ghost & Phantom II

exciter1

• 1 month later...

I could not edit the above post.  weird.

Package for the pre-order arrived yesterday but I am out of town so I don't actually have it in hand yet.

Not really a spoiler but...

The kid on the show has a green-tinted hair so the figure is inaccurate.  Interesting for the two New Republic characters to be included, one apparently is some sort of lieutenant and neither accompany her on a mission in the either ship so far. Maybe Lego felt the size of the set required a minimum amount of mini-figures.

Liking the show so far.

I have three bags left to go on the build.  It feels pretty robust.  Some of the build sequence could be changed to make accessing areas to snap on assemblies a little easily like reversing 127 and 126.

It's another ship that makes me wonder why some parts are the colors they are, did the builders not have a few more like colored parts?  Examples - their are some hidden 1 stud triangles on each side.  One side has them in green, the other in red.  It makes me feel like they are encouraging me to be creative and build something else like a SW streetlight assembly. 

The phantom II, I don't know, I feel like it is the size of a rubber ducky and should be a little bigger. Even if you just pop Chopper's head onto the three exposed studs where is docking bay would be, he seems to large to fit properly.

I hope we get a UCS version on scale with the Falcon in '24 or '25 with a new Phantom II or enabling the earlier model that came with Thrawn to dock on it also. The RazorCrest mainline ship seemed good enough at the cost when compared to only a slightly larger UCS version.