Buying sets with damaged/taped boxes

Went to my local Wal-Mart and found a few Helms Deep sets marked down to $89.00; I grabbed the nice ones, but noticed one had the thick two-inch tape around the middle. I checked the seals, they didn't look tampered with at all, and the box didnt seem like it was missing anything, but it was still concerning. Was wondering if it would still be worth picking up at $89?

• 2 weeks later...

I bought 2 vampyre castles discounted at walmart and just realized they have one side double taped over the seals. they are still lego seals though, and both sets weight the same amount...should I crack them open and make sure they are ok, or can i trust walmart? iv'e seen so many opened sets scattered and taped up in the aisles of walmart it scares me

I buy all the damaged boxes I can get with a discount. No parents care when their kid wants the set. I've seen damaged diagon alley's and damaged hogwarts selling well recently!

This. I just recently sold a Hogwarts Express in a very damaged and open box for $ 205 because it was supposed to be a birthday gift for his son.