75366 - LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2023

cardensb

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-star-wars-advent-calendar-75366

Looks like it is a ROTJ and Mando themed set this year. Hightlights include: a white ewok on a glider, old Palp'y in the ugly sweater and a throne that might be better than the diorama version (not sure yet), Leia in poncho with a terrible speeder bike, a micro AT-ST, a super micro ewok village, the power dish the rebels had to destroy, a bunker entrance, an Imp Shuttle, a Christmas colored repair droid, a GONK with antlers, Mando's N-1 starfighter, and some Separatists droids.

I love these sets and will again state I intend to pull years and years worth out of storage and decorate with but probably will not. Nor will I be patient and only build one a day.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Pseudoty said:
  • 8 characters – Includes Emperor Palpatine, an Ewok and a Pit Droid in holiday outfits, a Gonk Droid dressed as a reindeer, Omega with a sled, a 212th Clone Trooper, B-1 Battle Droid and Princess Leia

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/lego-star-wars-advent-calendar-75366

Hard pass. Three, maybe four worthwhile minifigs for $45?

Edited by flukedd

4 hours ago, flukedd said:

Hard pass. Three, maybe four worthwhile minifigs for $45?

Meh, not great. But since my family has done these every year since they were introduced in 2011 (?), I guess we can't stop now. At least these days you can usually find them for a healthy discount in late-Nov to early-Dec with price match adjusting.

• TheOrcKing changed the title to 75366 - LEGO Star Wars Advent Calendar 2023

I kind of like "Papa Palpatine" sporting that Death Star sweater.

On another note, inspired by eliminator's question mark I decided to browse down the oddball history of LEGO with their Advent Calendars. The company had released an advent calendar far back as 1992 into 1993 then skipped a few years (or that data is missing) until 1998 where they began to release at least one annually.

It took until 2005 for the first proper City themed one to appear (7324) and continue each year since. 2011 was the first year of the Star Wars Advent Calendar (7958) as eliminator stated in his post. The following year marked the first Friends Advent Calendar (3316) while 2019 for the first Harry Potter one (75964).

• Like 2