need opinions, which would you buy

So I have an extra $150.00 give or take for a purchase, here are my options 2 VC from walmart at $69.00 each or Mines of moria $65.70 Helms Deep $115.97 What would you do? I like the discount on the VC but don't want to miss out on the LOTR sets. Probably won't be able to buy any more big sets until June.

I agree with everyone else. Vampire Castles should are a better options. I'm also wondering for how much will we be able to find the Helms Deep set before they retire it. The US market will definately get much better deals than Europe. I can only hope to get it for 90

Yeah definitely the 2 VC's. Getting them below retail just means a better potential profit.

I also think you are decreasing downside risk with the two VCs. In reality, we don't know whether any of these sets will climb or stall after EOL. If they stall (admittedly a low probability), you will still likely make a few bucks selling them for MSRP. That said, one could make an argument that purchasing HD and MoM diversifies your portfolio, decreasing the risk of the entire portfolio.

I also like holding two large sets instead of a medium and a large set. It gives you more upside.

Having said all this, I bought two VCs myself today for $69/each. At the very least you know I practice what I preach.

I think you will be able to find Helms Deep in June. Much smarter to go with the set we can pretty much confirm will be finished in a month and try to catch the LOTR on clearance.

Yes I agree. 2 VC is definitely a better investment due to the fact you are getting 30% off a HOT $100 set that's retiring super soon. If you can get helms for $69 it would definitely be the best set and deal bit for retail it's not worth it yet.

I voted for the LOTR sets, but I am biased :)

What makes everyone sure that the VC will go EOL so soon, it has only been out for less than a year.

My guess is that the VC will be out at least through the end of 2013. Based on Amazons stock right now, Helms Deep looks to be a lot closer to retirement. Then again Amazons stock does not always dictate which set will EOL first.

My guess is that the VC will be out at least through the end of 2013. Based on Amazons stock right now, Helms Deep looks to be a lot closer to retirement. Then again Amazons stock does not always dictate which set will EOL first.

Amazons stock does not have anything to do with EOL. For example, they ran out of 10188 Death Stars in January, and there was a mini-run on them on eBay, but it was restocked and the madness ended.

I think that MF & LOTR PH1 are going to go EOL at approximately the same time. Therefore, I think that the OP should buy whichever they can get the greatest discount off of MSRP on...

I bought a vc at 69, but only one. I don't understand why everyone thinks this will be such a hot ticket after eol. It's a great set, but there are lots of great sets that stall in the secondary market. (Portal to Atlantis, anyone?) Get your helms deep at 115, but keep your receipt and watch for a clearance deal. Some members here have already found lotr sets on clearance at their walmarts.

The Mines Of Moria is out all of 2013 at least, So if anybody is holding out to get the Vampire Castle for a cheaper price of $69.00 from Walmart is making a mistake, when next January comes around alot of people are going to be crying that they can't get them for the $100 Retail price, get as many as you can find. As for the Helm's Deep if you see it for $100 or cheaper get as many as you can. Look $69.99 for the VC, so take out Ebay and Paypal fees etc. Say thats $100, Next Year who here thinks that these won't be worth at least $150, so thats $50 Profit on each one if you are selling them so soon. So at $69 nobody should be asking if its a good investment set.