Star Wars Lego Technic

Celes

I like the Droidika set, but most of the others seem very skeletal and insubstantial.

I guess there is some of my reason for not particularly liking Technic builds. The parts look like swiss cheese with all those holes, and the builds look like skeletons of a frame. I am impressed with the mechanical aspects of what can be accomplished but it isn't always appealing for me to look at a model and see its 'guts'.

I remember being given the C-3PO one on a birthday I think.

......That one sucked balls.

I guess there is some of my reason for not particularly liking Technic builds. The parts look like swiss cheese with all those holes, and the builds look like skeletons of a frame. I am impressed with the mechanical aspects of what can be accomplished but it isn't always appealing for me to look at a model and see its 'guts'.

I remember being given the C-3PO one on a birthday I think.

......That one sucked balls.

Wow :(. I always found Lego technic kind of interesting but when I was young I only remember cars and stuff like that which didn't appeal to me, I guess I like this sets because they have a robot form.

I have the Darth Vader and the R2-D2. I'm going to be rebuilding them soon and selling them off. Vader is ok, but the R2 really sucks, especially compared to the new UCS one I have on display.

That R2-D2 is beautiful :).

Wow :(. I always found Lego technic kind of interesting but when I was young I only remember cars and stuff like that which didn't appeal to me, I guess I like this sets because they have a robot form. Ugh, there I go putting my own foot in my mouth. It really wasn't that bad of a build but not so hot either. It was a breath of fresh air from the norm, so I'll give it that.

I remember putting it together and trying to 'play' with it. ......Wasn't much there to do really and the figure was pretty rigid. I look at the instructions and it showed the Technic Storm Trooper shooting C-3PO to make his feature reminiscient of the Crash Dummy action figures from my youth activate. So it was almost like they designed both to 'interact' with each other and if you did not have both, it was pretty pointless. If I had a choice, I would have went with the Storm Trooper over C-3PO.

I still have not found a use for any of C-3PO's parts but perhaps someday I will.

It was a little fun because of the Crash Dummy esque feature.

Most of these weren't great to me, but the Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid were some of my favorites. The roll-and-stand action for the Destroyer was brilliant, and the Battle Droid pulling his gun off his back was the first time I'd seen that type of action on a figure-based set.

• 2 weeks later...

Most of these weren't great to me, but the Battle Droid and Destroyer Droid were some of my favorites. The roll-and-stand action for the Destroyer was brilliant, and the Battle Droid pulling his gun off his back was the first time I'd seen that type of action on a figure-based set.

Those two are the only ones I bought, and with their functions, are kinda neat. Didn't like or buy the pit droid. When the 3po, r2, Jango, trooper and Vader came out, I just couldn't muster the interest to buy them...