Newbie to BP from Cali

Hi all, just wanted to drop a note and say hello to all my fellow LEGO investors out there! Love the site, but was wondering if there is anything in the works to price out individual minifigures from sets, not just the collectible ones. I see people selling Star Wars, Super Heroes, etc. all over and would like to get a more accurate gauge of worth for just the one minifig as opposed to the whole set. Is that something in the works for BP?

Welcome to the site, unfortunately, its not really that easy to do. With the sets, there are set numbers that people list on ebay (for example LEGO 10212 Star Wars Shuttle MISB) or something like that. So I can locate the sets easily. No one ever really lists the minifigures accurately, so it would be very hard to do unless they really used the bricklink naming convention or really listed the set properly with the minifg. Maybe one day, but as of right now, its not something that we can jump into.

Welcome to the site, evanching. What Jeff said is the truth of the matter. Different people use all kinds of names for the ones they list which makes it like trying to decipher the Da Vinci Code. For average of worth on different minifigures, your best bet and easiest way is to check out the price guide pages on Bricklink.

Welcome. I am a SW minifig collector, so I can tell you the easiest way to start understand minifig values is Bricklink. I would suggest you look up a set on brickset, then click minifig tab, chose the minifig you want to know price on, and the click the bricklink link. It will show you all the times that fig has sold in last 6 months, for what price, and show you current listings. Cheers!

Hi all, just wanted to drop a note and say hello to all my fellow LEGO investors out there! Love the site, but was wondering if there is anything in the works to price out individual minifigures from sets, not just the collectible ones. I see people selling Star Wars, Super Heroes, etc. all over and would like to get a more accurate gauge of worth for just the one minifig as opposed to the whole set. Is that something in the works for BP?

Welcome to Brickpicker! Glad to have you here with us!

Welcome to the site, unfortunately, its not really that easy to do. With the sets, there are set numbers that people list on ebay (for example LEGO 10212 Star Wars Shuttle MISB) or something like that. So I can locate the sets easily. No one ever really lists the minifigures accurately, so it would be very hard to do unless they really used the bricklink naming convention or really listed the set properly with the minifg. Maybe one day, but as of right now, its not something that we can jump into.

Yeah that's so tough to get from eBay data.... you could duplicate BL sales... but I doubt they would let you and what's the point really. I don't even know how you would begin to sort eBay data like that.....

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome! I look forward to using this site to update my collection. Also would like to thank everyone for the feedback, I do have an account on BrickSet also, which I have been using to "price" out minifigures that are part of sets. Look forward to being a part of the happy LEGO collector's family!

Hey guy,

Same here I'm pretty new to this site and I'm also from Cali.