World War Brick

Darth Lego

There is a Lego event coming to Minnesota and I wanted to share some information about it.

It is called World War Brick. It is an event that focuses on modeling/building of historical and military models using LEGO bricks.

Here is more information from the WWB About page.

"WORLD WAR BRICK 2013

WWB 2013 is scheduled for the weekend of June 28-30 and will take place at the Brickmania Toyworks in Minneapolis, Minnesota. There will be more than 10,000 square feet made available for activities, displays, collaborations and of course products for sale from Brickmania, BrickArms, GI Brick and others who seek to expand and enrich the building experience."

Here is a link to the World War Brick website.

Here is where you can purchase tickets.

Below is a discount for the weekend pass from the Brickmania Facebook page.

Special offer: $10 off a weekend pass purchase using the coupon code: WWBWP. Valid through April 30th or until they're sold out.

Below are pictures from last year's WWB show in Wheeling, Illinois.

I got the Weekend Pass since I'm a huge history buff and I live about a hour away from Minneapolis.

Do these type of events appeal to you guys?

I love these builds and checking out the all the detail that go into those huge displays.

Too bad it isn't anywhere near me; I might have had the chance to check it out by then.

These type of events almost always seem to be too far away for me to visit so I feel for ya man. (:

Same here! I've always been impressed by the huge MOCs Brickmania has made over the years and they always find a way to make each one better and better. Below are some pictures from their latest creation. The description states they still have hundreds of hours of work left before they call it finished. Pretty awesome display in my opinion.

Link to more pictures.

• 2 months later...

The convention is this coming weekend and I'm getting pretty excited for it. The World War Brick website has had many updates over the last couple of days. Link: http://worldwarbrick.com They have several new Brickarm protos that will be for sale. I will be taking lots of pictures and I will update this thread once or twice throughout the event. (Maybe more.) My dad and I have 2 of the only 100 Weekend Passes that were sold which means we get to go to exclusive activities/presentations. I will probably end up doing a blog post about the convention and how it went once it is over.

Looks like I have a dead thread here. ;)

Today is the last day of WWB. I got to chat with lots of other people yesterday and I got to talk to Dan Siskind more. Very nice and a down to earth guy. Will Chapman, (Owner of Brickarms), unveiled a new Brickarms yesterday and it was the .50 M2HB Browning. (I've attached a photo of it below.) I built both of the jeeps and I'm going to build my M4 Sherman soon. I plan to start working on my blog post soon and I hope to have it up along with plenty of pictures late this week.

post-8374-0-31268400-1372611750.jpg

Looking forward to the blog article, Darth Lego. Since you are such a fan and expert of BrickArms, Brickmania, and other Lego related customs, how about a personal article on Lego customs? You could point out the good quality ones and what you think are worth it among other opinions.

• Like 1

You should definitely write that LEGO brick customs article. Most of the investors here are probably pretty wary of non-LEGO brand bricks, including myself, so it would be cool to hear it from the perspective of a person on the other side...not saying that we are in an argument or anything. :D

• Like 1

Looking forward to the blog article, Darth Lego. Since you are such a fan and expert of BrickArms, Brickmania, and other Lego related customs, how about a personal article on Lego customs? You could point out the good quality ones and what you think are worth it among other opinions.

You should definitely write that LEGO brick customs article. Most of the investors here are probably pretty wary of non-LEGO brand bricks, including myself, so it would be cool to hear it from the perspective of a person on the other side...not saying that we are in an argument or anything. :D

That Browning looks cool.  I'd love to see an article written up about customs and military stuff.  From an investing point of view I haven't given much thought to their potential.

Great idea guys. Once I finish up my World War Brick post than I will start a LEGO customs article. Thanks for the idea! +1 for all of you. :D

• 2 weeks later...