Hello from Tampa Bay, Florida

Hi everyone, I just joined a few days ago, and I'm enjoying looking around the site. Lots of good information! Lego was one of my favorite toys as a child, and I still love them. I only recently decided to start buying them again. I've started with the Lord of the Rings, some to build and a few extra to keep mint for resale later. I'm hoping to expand to other themes as I can afford it. Hopefully what I learn here will help me make some extra cash to invest in more Lego! I look forward to getting to know you all. :)

Sorry about that -- it's pronounced Storyteller.

Thanks for the welcomes!

It's all good. And not to pry as I am a happily married man, but I noticed your avatar is a woman. I hope you will be able to give us some more insight to what girls look for in LEGOs. The Friends line looks appealing to invest in, I just haven't been confident enough to pull the trigger yet on any specific set.

It's all good. And not to pry as I am a happily married man, but I noticed your avatar is a woman. I hope you will be able to give us some more insight to what girls look for in LEGOs. The Friends line looks appealing to invest in, I just haven't been confident enough to pull the trigger yet on any specific set.

I don't know that I'm the best girl to ask, as I was always more of a tomboy growing up, lol. For what it's worth, I'm currently collecting Lord of the Rings because I love the movies, and because it has horses. I also would love to have the modular building sets, just wish they weren't so expensive! I like the more intricate and realistic looking sets, personally. I haven't looked at the Friends sets yet, as I'm just getting started. So many Legos, so little cash!

On a side note, we really need more lady avatars besides Princess Leia. I'm already confused as to who's who on the site.

Anyone have some fresh ideas?

I noticed that Princess Lea seemed to be the only female avatar, at least that I found. Does that speak to the demographics of the site? Not that I mind hanging out with the guys, I'm just curious.

Ooooh. Now it makes sense. Cool beans.

On a side note, we really need more lady avatars besides Princess Leia. I'm already confused as to who's who on the site.

Anyone have some fresh ideas?

You could use some lady Lego minifigures as avatars. (Cheerleader, mermaid, etc.)

Link to some pictures: Click here.

Good idea, thanks!

I noticed that Princess Lea seemed to be the only female avatar, at least that I found. Does that speak to the demographics of the site? Not that I mind hanging out with the guys, I'm just curious.

The demographics on this site is more male. Click here to look at a poll posted back in early March. Maybe there are more females who are members, but they don't visit the forums so they didn't vote. Females are certainly welcomed here! :-)