How much longer can the Collectable Minifigure theme survive?

Blackjack

This theme has been running for three years now, and there have already been multiple remakes of different figures. I love the theme as much as anyone, but how much longer can the theme stay fresh and survive.

You can have hundreds of different themed minifigure sets. Zombie themes, STAR WARS themes, Greek Mythology themes. Whatever.

It will survive until TLG see falling sales/profits. No sign of that yet so they'll keep pumping the series out. The new twist of a rare Mr Gold should keep things on the increase for a while. Maybe S11 has a Mrs Gold, then S12 has a Teen Gold, etc...

It will survive until TLG see falling sales/profits. No sign of that yet so they'll keep pumping the series out. The new twist of a rare Mr Gold should keep things on the increase for a while. Maybe S11 has a Mrs Gold, then S12 has a Teen Gold, etc...

...Gold Dog, Gold Cat, Gold Baby... ;)

You know what i'd like to see? Back printing on cmfs. Why don't they have back printing??? Some of Lego's quality standards really boggle my mind. Ahem ucs x-wing stickers.

I never paid attention to the lack of back printing. I always thought that because many of them had printed arms and legs, the backs were also taken care of.

I never paid attention to the lack of back printing. I always thought that because many of them had printed arms and legs, the backs were also taken care of. A select few of them do have back printing which is as good as the rest of it but it would be nice to see more of them with it. I also wished the printing on the legs lined up better. The printing on the sides of the legs rarely line up at all with the front. (Look at Lederhosen Guy.)

As far as the line itself, it will last as long as there are ideas for characters either based on real world professions or made up personalities. Don't forget there could be remakes dabbled here and there. Plus you have 'good & evil' versions of certain ones as well as alternate colored versions. (Look at the two cheerleaders. One blue, one red. Same thing will go with the football player eventually.)

I believe the CMF are either entirely or partly made in China. It seems pieces made in China are inferior to those made elsewhere.

They are completely made in China right down to the mystery bag itself. You can see the "Made in China" on the back of one. What is wierd to me is the characters from the Minifigures are well done and consistently I might add. But outside of the line like normal sets, you can see some odd differences in quality. I wonder what the heck is going on in quality control....

• 1 month later...