When to sell 90's Castle & Pirates?

Hello New member who joined up to get some pricing on my old sets. I have about 19 early 90s sets of Castle/Pirates and am wondering if now is a good time to sell. Am new to Lego investing, and would like to let the sets go and invest in something else. Do you guys think now is the best time to do so considering the popularity of Lego collecting at present? Will their worth just keep increasing with time? Thanks.

Hello

New member who joined up to get some pricing on my old sets.

I have about 19 early 90s sets of Castle/Pirates and am wondering if now is a good time to sell. Am new to Lego investing, and would like to let the sets go and invest in something else. Do you guys think now is the best time to do so considering the popularity of Lego collecting at present? Will their worth just keep increasing with time?

Thanks.

As a fan of Castle, and someone who watches many of the auctions on Ebay, I'm confident that you could see gains of 50% or more on quite a few pre-2000 sets. Do a few searches of completed Ebay listings, you'll see some sets have obviously appreciated more than others, but I would confidently estimate that nearly all of the actual "Castle" structures pre-2000 are going to yield you 50% more than MSRP at a minimum, some of the popular sets even more, such as 6085, 6086, 6067, or 6081. If they are MISB you are looking at even bigger gains. The values on alot of these are still trending upward slowly, but they don't have the big value spikes that some of the classic star wars sets have had.

Hi...First of all, welcome to BrickPicker. I would say that the early 90's sets are just about as high as they will get. They could increase a little in the next 5 years, due to AFOL's coming out of their Dark Ages (time Lego free), and having money to spend on childhood toys. Otherwise, I would say that it is ok to sell. This is a general statement though. If you look at the exact set in the BrickPicker database, you will see the growth patterns of the set. Most older sets have been staying just about level, due to low activity.

Hello

New member who joined up to get some pricing on my old sets.

I have about 19 early 90s sets of Castle/Pirates and am wondering if now is a good time to sell. Am new to Lego investing, and would like to let the sets go and invest in something else. Do you guys think now is the best time to do so considering the popularity of Lego collecting at present? Will their worth just keep increasing with time?

Thanks.

how about you first give the chance to us to buy them from you, some of us(or most) are AFOLs and maybe you can get it cheaper without annoying 10% ebay fees, and its win/win

you get more money and brickpicker member gets happy...