Boston Marathon Bombing...

comicblast

This is on an unrelated note, but there was a bombing at the Boston Marathon. 2 dead, over 50 injured. My Cross Country and Track and Field coach was running it. Thank God he came out in one piece. http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0 Didn't actually realize the bombing until I received an email from my coach that he was all right. Any Bostoners? All of these bombings and school killings within the United States makes me sad...Not trying to put it lightly, but it's hard to talk about the taking of human life. http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/15/us-athletics-marathon-boston-blast-idUSBRE93E0ZF20130415

This is beyond awful. What kind of political statement are these terrorists trying to make now? Whoever they are deserved to be dragged out into the street and shot.

Thank God we have people who risk their lives serving others. God bless the EMT's and Police officers.

God bless and speed to every one of them.

This is on an unrelated note, but there was a bombing at the Boston Marathon. 2 dead, over 50 injured.

My Cross Country and Track and Field coach was running it. Thank God he came out in one piece.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/16/us/explosions-reported-at-site-of-boston-marathon.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Didn't actually realize the bombing until I received an email from my coach that he was all right. Any Bostoners?

All of these bombings and school killings within the United States makes me sad...Not trying to put it lightly, but it's hard to talk about the taking of human life.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/15/us-athletics-marathon-boston-blast-idUSBRE93E0ZF20130415

Now some news stations are reporting one of the two killed was an 8 year old. 132 are hurt including 8 children. 17 people are in critical condition and 25 are in serious condition. My thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families. I would also like to say thank you to all of the first responders who risk their lives everyday to help people in times of need. God bless them. Link to a news update page.

Wow. This really sucks. It's going to forever tarnish the most celebrated marathon, and all those families...I have no words. The truly crappy thing is that after running 2 marathons I can positively say that runners are so exhausted when they finish, that they likely couldn't even react to something like this. Your body is just shot at that point. To run 26 miles and then have to fend for your life is unimaginable to me. My sympathies go out to all involved.

You know, it's things like this that knit people closer together as a people, and as a nation. It brings everyone together under a common cause, goal, and thought-process: JUSTICE towards those held responsible. It's times like this that makes you stop and wonder: "Why do we takes sides in politics, when we could be doing so much more do protect our people and our family." It makes you wonder why there isn't a president that says "We need a government without Republicans, without Democrats, just Americans. People who can solve the nation's biggest problems and greatest fears, both inside and beyond the borders of the United States of America."

My parents went to the Red Sox game and decided to go to the marathon after. My mother likes to run and usually she likes to be at the finish line, but they were slowed down by crowds of people. They ended up just blocks away from the explosion. All they heard was a big KABOOM, when the second one went off, everyone just started running. It is terrible how these kind of situations are so common in todays world.

This is beyond awful. What kind of political statement are these terrorists trying to make now? Whoever they are deserved to be dragged out into the street and shot.

God bless and speed to every one of them.

Well maybe for starters they want to tell people from USA to start electing their government that is OPPOSED on military intervention based on false proofs (*cough* Iraq *cough*)

Still waiting for WMD to be shown, you know that WMD that Bush and their administration was so sure about and why thousands (way more than in Boston) of similar ''innocent'' people died because of American bombing and troops.

As soon as American will stick their nose in the domestic things and leave world to their own business the better it will be for American civilians who have the power to elect and make a change.

still a sad event and feel bad for all who lost their loved ones or anyone they knew, but the news did not report every few dead civilians who died in Libya, Iraq, and many other countries who suffered even worse fate than the Boston incident.

From what I've read, bombs where not so sophisticated, which leads me into thinking that this was made by a sick person just as the Aurora movie theater shooting or the Sandy Hook shooting. A disgrace no matter how you look at it. Also read that they have a suspect in custody. Coming from a country where death is a common thing (every 24 minutes a Venezuelan is shot dead), we know that this must stop. We are in 2013, we should be greater than bullets, bombs and whatever may harm another human being. It's a wide statement that I know will hit people's nerves, but we, human race, need to change. And before anyone puts 2+2 together, no, Chavez was no human race savior. He was a piece of crap!

You know, it's things like this that knit people closer together as a people, and as a nation. It brings everyone together under a common cause, goal, and thought-process: JUSTICE towards those held responsible. It's times like this that makes you stop and wonder: "Why do we takes sides in politics, when we could be doing so much more do protect our people and our family." It makes you wonder why there isn't a president that says "We need a government without Republicans, without Democrats, just Americans. People who can solve the nation's biggest problems and greatest fears, both inside and beyond the borders of the United States of America."

I like your idea that everyone should work together, but the nature of politics will always cause separation in opinion, and that's been there since the constitution was written. The republican mindset has always been that there should be less government involvement in people's affairs, and that it (the constitution) should be used as a means to protect the people and individual states from an overbearing government or monarchy. Democrats, at their core, believe that government involvement in people's lives is increasingly necessary to uphold the "goodwill of the people" as our society becomes increasingly more complex. We have done a good job in the past, with coming together during tragedy, and we should, but I don't think we will ever see a day that there is one unified political party.

From what I've read, bombs where not so sophisticated, which leads me into thinking that this was made by a sick person just as the Aurora movie theater shooting or the Sandy Hook shooting.

A disgrace no matter how you look at it.

Also read that they have a suspect in custody.

Coming from a country where death is a common thing (every 24 minutes a Venezuelan is shot dead), we know that this must stop.

We are in 2013, we should be greater than bullets, bombs and whatever may harm another human being. It's a wide statement that I know will hit people's nerves, but we, human race, need to change.

And before anyone puts 2+2 together, no, Chavez was no human race savior. He was a piece of crap!

He was not human race savior, but he was far from crap... give the man credit where credit is due... if it wasnt for him Americans would keep running your countries oil production and you would be even poorer.

I agree such event is a disgrace though, regardless of who did it ...

This thread was created by comicblast for people to express their sympathies to the victims and the families as well as to express our appreciation for first responders. Any political comments from this point forward do not belong in this forum and will be deleted by me. If you would would like to say a few kind words memorializing the victims then feel free otherwise do not post on this topic. Thank you.