Ahoska - Disney+ Discussion Thread

TANV

5 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Maybe it was a slow burn.  I watched the first few episodes and wasn't entertained in the least and bailed.

Oh, yeah it absolutely was. It didn't grab me until the 3rd episode (the first 3 episodes are actually considered 1, and they aired it as such). I've been watching and heavily invested in everything Star Wars for my entire life (both EU/Legends and recent Canon) and I legitimately think it is in the top tier of anything to come out of Star Wars. Highly recommend giving it another shot.

But super excited for this as well. Especially as a Rebels fan.

25 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Maybe it was a slow burn.  I watched the first few episodes and wasn't entertained in the least and bailed.

The last half is totally worth pushing through.  I've pushed through all of the slow Clone Wars and throwaway Bad Batch episodes and they paid off as well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, exciter1 said:

The last half is totally worth pushing through.  I've pushed through all of the slow Clone Wars and throwaway Bad Batch episodes and they paid off as well.

Bad Batch has turned into a very solid show. I wasn't expecting much when they were in Clone Wars,but I've been pleasantly surprised by their own show.

• Like 1

Bad Batch and Andor are the best things going in the SW universe right now...
Not sure wtf happened to mando... He got the book of boba treatment.
After 40+ years and disney disappointment I'm drifting hard from SW....

Added: For anyone unfamiliar with Rebels that's Ahsoka trailer is pretty underwhelming.

Edited by KvHulk

2 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

is it odd that no bad batch season 3 was announced yet? could it be canceled?

There's no way that Bad Batch is cancelled - not after the way S2 ended.  

I think Ahsoka is going to be quite strong - particularly if you liked Rebels.  That show is going to have several very strong characters to build upon (Ahsoka, Thrawn, Hera, Sabine, Ezra just to name a few), and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some Mando series characters tied in as well.  This is going to be good.

The first season of Andor was great, but I'm worried about the layout for S2, with every three episodes covering one year of Andor's life between S1 and Rogue One.  Feels like it could come out rather disjointed, or potentially just be too much of an overview and not allow for some of the nice details that we got in S1.  Still, Andor S1 is my favorite of the Star Wars shows thus far, and I'll be quite looking forward to S2.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

There's no way that Bad Batch is cancelled - not after the way S2 ended.  

I think Ahsoka is going to be quite strong - particularly if you liked Rebels.  That show is going to have several very strong characters to build upon (Ahsoka, Thrawn, Hera, Sabine, Ezra just to name a few), and I wouldn't at all be surprised to see some Mando series characters tied in as well.  This is going to be good.

The first season of Andor was great, but I'm worried about the layout for S2, with every three episodes covering one year of Andor's life between S1 and Rogue One.  Feels like it could come out rather disjointed, or potentially just be too much of an overview and not allow for some of the nice details that we got in S1.  Still, Andor S1 is my favorite of the Star Wars shows thus far, and I'll be quite looking forward to S2.

I have faith in Tony Gilroy.

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

Expect an announcement at tomorrows Star Wars celebration panel.  

3 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

• Like 1

On 4/8/2023 at 3:44 PM, KvHulk said:

Bad Batch and Andor are the best things going in the SW universe right now...
Not sure wtf happened to mando... He got the book of boba treatment.
After 40+ years and disney disappointment I'm drifting hard from SW....

Added: For anyone unfamiliar with Rebels that's Ahsoka trailer is pretty underwhelming.

I was at the Ashoka panel at sw celebration on Saturday and from what Dave Filoni and Jon Favreau said they had in store, we’re not going to be disappointed and the additional scenes they showed on top of the trailer that everyone has seen, well it just bought the house down and for me was the highlight of the weekend and just pushes out the reception Hayden got when he came to the celebration live stage.  

On 4/11/2023 at 1:18 AM, Bricklectic said:

Thanks. Obi and Boba Fett cancelled?

Jury's out on Obi.  McGregor wants to do another one, but studio not sure on what that story would be about.  I think Boba's story is pretty much done, given the ending of the last season.  He and Cob Vanth may pop up in now and again in bad batch, Ahsoka and Mando, since same timeline.  Fennec Shand confirmed in last season of Bad batch as per SW Celebration panel.

• Like 1