LEGO 2K Drive

exciter1

If it is a modern-day LEGO Racers that plays similar to any of the Burnout videogames, I would be up for it. LEGO titles can feel a bit generic but the "2K" in the title is something every other sports game has done or been doing. I guess it is this generation's version of everything being "X" or "Extreme".

I worry about the price structure and microtransactions. I believe this game company is known for it, and aggressively too. Will be very disappointed if this happens, and with legos awareness and consent, especially as children are the target audience.

Edited by Graphicski
  • Like 1

Curious how much car customization you can do in this game.  It would be interesting to see how they program ways to display and maintain all different permutations of elements throughout the game.  In Mario Kart 8, you have the choices of different drivers, wheels, chassis, and wings/parachutes that will customize the look and stats of each vehicle.  Those are just 4 different groups of modifications.  In LEGO game where customization is everything, I would want more than 4 groups.  What if I want a vehicle with 2 huge rear wheels and 2 tiny front wheels (not really possible in MarioKart) or vice versa? What if I want 2 huge left wheels and 2 small right wheels? Will it allow me to create and race on a unicycle ? 

11 hours ago, Graphicski said:

I worry about the price structure and microtransactions. I believe this game company is known for it, and aggressively too. Will be very disappointed if this happens, and with legos awareness and consent, especially as children are the target audience.

Based on S@H listing, this game will have DLC(s) with seasons.  The microtransaction possibility is worrisome since you can easily do that on LEGO game. (ie. buy this limited edition spoiler that will make your car 0.2% faster)

On 3/27/2023 at 4:28 PM, TheOrcKing said:

If it is a modern-day LEGO Racers that plays similar to any of the Burnout videogames, I would be up for it. LEGO titles can feel a bit generic but the "2K" in the title is something every other sports game has done or been doing. I guess it is this generation's version of everything being "X" or "Extreme".

“2K” is actually a video game publisher headquartered just north of San Francisco, with offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. (Website: 2K.com)

The news release said 2K teamed-up with The LEGO Group and Visual Concepts to create the game 

Edited by Sharkfin182

14 hours ago, Sharkfin182 said:

“2K” is actually a video game publisher headquartered just north of San Francisco, with offices in the Americas, Europe, Asia and Australia. (Website: 2K.com)

The news release said 2K teamed-up with The LEGO Group and Visual Concepts to create the game 

Thank you kindly for pointing that out. Honestly, I should have read the fine print towards the end of the trailer better. Also, brain fart. Ha.

1 hour ago, TheOrcKing said:

Thank you kindly for pointing that out. Honestly, I should have read the fine print towards the end of the trailer better. Also, brain fart. Ha.

Hey, no worries, I wouldn’t have known. I’d never heard of “2K” before now. 🤷‍♂️ I must be outta the loop. I just found out when I read some press release

• 2 months later...