New High Resolution Images of the Summer 2013 LEGO Star Wars Sets

Darth Lego

I was on Eurobricks earlier today and I came across these nice pictures of the new Summer 2013 Lego Star Wars sets. Looks like a great wave especially for Episode Two fans IMO. 6 of the 8 sets are remakes of previously released sets. Do you think these sets will do well or do you think most of these sets will flop on the secondary market when they retire?

Link to the Eurobricks post.

I'm pretty optimistic about these sets! I am not sure about the Mandolarian Speeder because the SW the Clone Wars TV show doesn't run anymore, so it isn't really documented visually in any film, possibly lowering it's investment purposes. I do love the figures though! I think that the Gunship will do well, mainly because all the Gunships have increased a couple times their original retail. Jabba's Sail Barge looks pretty ok, it looked bad in the preliminary images, but now, I like it. Favorite part is the deck gun. ;)

All of these sets look really good to me. I am looking forward to the AT-TE, Jabba's Sail Barge, Dooku vs. Yoda, Tank Droid, Spider Droid, and Republic Gunship. Unfortunately, these are almost all going to be MSRP'ed over around $100, excluding 2 of them, so I will have to save up to get them, and try to get some of the sets that are already out too.

The Sail Barge should do well, maybe not as much as the previous one but still. I really hate the fact that I don't have even one set from the prequels in my personal collection, but for some reason I just can't seem to relate/enjoye them at all. The only one of these sets I will probably buy is going to be the Sail Barge.

All of these sets look really good to me. I am looking forward to the AT-TE, Jabba's Sail Barge, Dooku vs. Yoda, Tank Droid, Spider Droid, and Republic Gunship. Unfortunately, these are almost all going to be MSRP'ed over around $100, excluding 2 of them, so I will have to save up to get them, and try to get some of the sets that are already out too.

There are a few sets in there that I want personally. It certainly is a better line than the last Star Wars one we received.

I think there is a bit of value here to be made by investors

The Republic Gunship and the AT-TE are the ones I'm looking into buying once they are on sale. I missed out on the 7675 AT-TE and the 7676 Republic Gunship back when those sets came out.

I don't own any of the previous barges or gunships, but i've drooled over pictures... I don't think these new ones measure up. The old sail barge had a much nicer profile. And the new gunship seems closer to the first one instead of 7676. 7676 had the fully closing bay doors and the different squadron stickers. This one looks incomplete in comparison. Anyway, when I first saw pictures of these from toy fair I didn't feel so guilty about buying all the retired sets i wanted, because i don't think i want any of these new ones. That goes for the lotr sets, too. Except the pirate ship ambush, i'll definitely pick up that one. As for investment, do yall really think the third iteration the gunship will perform well?

Mandalorian Speeder, JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter, Homing Spider Droid, and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid are my picks (for myself mainly). Little Max Rebo is still the only reason I would get Jabba's Sail barge. Yeah, I'm wierd like that. Screw the build! Give me my oddball alien that was on screen for like 2 seconds. :-)

Mandalorian Speeder, JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter, Homing Spider Droid, and Corporate Alliance Tank Droid are my picks (for myself mainly). Little Max Rebo is still the only reason I would get Jabba's Sail barge. Yeah, I'm wierd like that. Screw the build! Give me my oddball alien that was on screen for like 2 seconds. :-)

Go to 0:41 to see his 2 seconds of fame. (;

Despite the remakes, I am okay with this wave. When the remakes are sets someone wouldn't mind having multiples of anyway (like Clone Wars ships/droids) then it is less annoying for long term collectors. Don't know what I'm going to do with another sail barge, but oh well, I'm hooked at this point... ;)

Despite the remakes, I am okay with this wave. When the remakes are sets someone wouldn't mind having multiples of anyway (like Clone Wars ships/droids) then it is less annoying for long term collectors. Don't know what I'm going to do with another sail barge, but oh well, I'm hooked at this point... ;)

I agree with the remakes. Some examples are the AT-TE and the Republic Gunship. They are both fantastic sets and the remakes complement the older sets nicely IMO. Builders/collectors like this because they can add more of a certain ship to their collection without having to pay the secondary market prices. Investors generally look at it as a good thing unless the remake looks worse or the remake is overpriced.