May the fourth question

This will be my first may the fourth 'celebration.' So, what exactly is it? Does the Lego store do any kind of sale or special promotion? If it's just the release of the disappointing x-wing and a lame han solo minifig, i'll probably stay home.

May the Fourth is just a promotion that Lego does annually for the SW theme. Last year the giveaway was a chrome TC-14 figure with orders $100+ I think. There isn't necessarily a new SW set every May the Fourth promotion. This year was pretty lame, I'll give you that, but other years have been much more...fruitful. ;)

Have past years had any sales or discounts, double VIP points, or anything like that? Or is it just "Come spend 75 bucks here to get a minifigure!" I feel like I'd be more inclined to come for some financial break. I love the Lego store, but hate that everything always costs full MSRP, all the time.

Have past years had any sales or discounts, double VIP points, or anything like that? Or is it just "Come spend 75 bucks here to get a minifigure!" I feel like I'd be more inclined to come for some financial break. I love the Lego store, but hate that everything always costs full MSRP, all the time.

Right! Never a sale at the lego store. In four months ive been going there the only sale ive seen was their winter cottage clearance. Double vip points is okay, but i think we all know 10% is a pretty weak discount.

A couples sets have been discounted, but nothing dramatic. If it makes you feel any better, I think last year there was a promotion where you got a free poster. I got one myself, and they aren't that great. I am thinking of selling it. It all depends on what your opinion is really. Some years you have an awesome minifigure, so you don't mind paying the $75. Other years, you get a terrible minifigure, so you buy from Amazon, Target, or Walmart. The "awesome-ness" of a minifigure really depends on the person who is looking at it. I'm sure there are at least a couple here, who think that the figure is acceptable, so they are either going to buy one, or get one from the promotion.

Oh, to go back to the May the 4th of 2009 or 2010 - They had 25% off the 10179 Falcon & then they were gone (it turned out to pretty much be a clearance on them). I figured that the following year would be a clearance on the DS - but as we know, it wasn't. The last couple years have been much less special. I think the fact that discounts on SW sets are always available nowadays is the big difference. As I have mentioned before - there was a time that any discount on a SW set was hard to find. So when the Lego May the 4th specials were announced - getting 20%-25% off seemed incredible.