Is it just me or ?

All about the recon brother man! "Don't worry Mommy, just doing a little recon" says my son to the wife. Wife eye roll ensues. Definitely want to ask those guys if they are "eye-balling" me (keeping it clean for the younger folk). :P So I say "Is that JP still $119 over there?" LegoShop guy says "yeah" and grabs box as if to bring to counter for purchase. I belly laugh "ha ha ha silly lego shop boy put that back, i know what things cost my man! Do I look like a Mom at TRU looking to get shtooped during a TRU BOGO sale?" Son says "good job pop." High fives shared.

Ha! Wear a pocketwatch and a nice vest next time, too. Me, I still feel guilty on those rare occassions when I lose my composure and babble something about retirement dates. I know they don't know! You wanna get eyeballed in a Lego store, be nervous and mumble eol dates to yourself as you circle the store fifteen times :) oh well, it ain't their hundred bucks i'm trying to spend.

I personally have never noticed this, or been bothered when shopping at my local Lego store. I think it all just depends which store you're at, and who happens to be working the day that you're there. But yes, I can see employees knowing that something's up when there is a big craze like with Minecraft and Jabba's Palace.

They ask me the usuaul stuff...What you looking for? What you doing here? Are you shopping for yourself? For someone else? Kid? Why do you want 6 of those......GO AWAY..........Or........have more tower bridges without dents so I can buy them instead of having the big gashes from the little kids.

To be 100% honest with you, I don't think this has ever happened to me. I usually end up talking with an employee about Bricklink or BrickPicker, or something like that. They realize that I know pretty much just as much as they do, so they kind of lay off on the sales pitch and try to be helpful, ie. Helping me pick out bricks from the Pick a Brick wall, etc. I really like my Lego store because it has a really high ceiling, so there are Lego sets stacked for 20 feet, though nearer to the top are just posters and stuff.