Need help with a stand for a Star Wars build

Grandpa

Hi. I got into Lego at age 65 because of my grandson who lives and breathes this stuff. At first I thought he was nuts, but some of these sets are so beautifully designed that they are a pleasure to watch him build. He is 6 years old, and is very much into Ninjago and Star Wars. He has built all of the large Ninjago sets, the dragons and the Fire Temple, and he is into the ships from Star Wars.

Anyway, we just built the Venator, and the "problem" with the build is that there are no "legs" or stand for the ship to rest on. The ship rests on nothing...it just sits there. We are trying to figure out a type of stand that might be built for it...nothing elaborate...something as simple as the 2 little legs that support the Millenium Falcon. Has any of you done something like this or do you have any ideas? Thanks. I do so want to impress him with my (our) brilliance!

Hey Grandpa,

Sounds like you are looking for a Lego-made display, so maybe you could contact this seller. He make custom stands for sets, so I think that could serve your purpose. He doesn't have any for sale right now, but I'm think that if you contacted him, he would give you some ideas of what to do. I am not a very gifted builder, and don't own this set, so it's hard to help you on this one.

You know, it all depends on what kind of money you're willing to spend, but I suggest you check out some of the UCS Star Wars sets over at Brickset. They generally come with display stands and I'll bet you could take one of the display sets from the UCS Star Destroyer (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=10221-1) and modify it for your son's Venator. Brickset has links to all the instructions manuals with part numbers. Make your list of parts and buy them from Bricklink (not eBay)!