Salesavo.com anyone purchase from them? Legitimate or scam website

17coyote

Observations from cruising the site: 1. The price they show on the product page isn't the final price you pay. When you add something to your cart, it shows some exorbitant "fees" which I can only imagine includes S&H. Take for example Tower Bridge. Listed at $189.96, it sounds great until you add it to your cart and it adds a $42.99 fee to your order! Total comes to $232.95, not much different than Amazon at $239.11. 2. Also, searching for a product seems to be difficult as well. You have to type in the name of the product your looking for in hopes that they have it rather than browse a list. Not seeing a lot of value to this website for Lego purchasers. I will note that there appears to be buyer protection through using PayPal, but I don't see any rating system, or even a comment section to let buyers know how the process went. Big no-no in my book.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep it's a scam to gather email addresses. If you put in an email address, it will take you to the checkout where your item will no longer be in stock. (I used a bogus email) It seems others who have used their real email found out the hard way http://www.scambook.com/report/view/230734/SaleSavocom-Complaint-230734-for-$0.00 Stay away.

I was curious what their angle was, a lot of fishy things going on with that site, many sets are listed multiple times, some for about retail price, occasionally they are stupid cheap. They seemed to charge VERY high fees and they offer a lot of EOL'd sets, this made them not fall into the drop shipper category.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking for a Mindstorms NXT 2.0 this morning for my son (really) I came across this site. I decided a quick google of "salesavo scam" was in order. Bricklink was one of the top hits. Thanks everyone, you answered my question in about 3 clicks.