Barnes & Noble Premium Membership

mlc3423

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/membership/?fbclid=IwAR0hUwTLp2gi7zUpKpnJzxGcOyBQu1QFJwleC3tJ88QBwzNc2q4S3GA6xM4

Buddy of mine sent this to me online today so i checked it out and seems like a nice deal so i upgraded....For $39.99 looks like a great deal compared to the old membership.....Won't get charged until my renewal comes up at the end of the year....Plan on stopping by the store tomorrow to get more info on it from the old lady who stocks lego or the manager chad

10% off nearly everything online and in store including Lego (As of right now).....Also like the new stamp/reward thing as well...With every $10 spent you get (1) stamp.....10 stamps equals $5 reward

Edited by mlc3423
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, starwarsxpress said:

Yep it is a great deal.  Reminder to everyone though use second hand gift cards or buy over the limits (it is like Lego limits not Walmart per order limits)and you are likely to get yourself permanently banned.  Abide by the limit rules and you will be fine.

To further echo this - and this is not well known. Any order over BN limits will get your order cancelled. However - their system is unfair in this way. It will let you buy more than the limit. Generally speaking limit is no more than 5. But on many sets, like the scout tropper i ordered last week, the order is 2. Since there is no way to know beforehand, it is very frustrating, especially when buying BN GC's beforehand with the exact amount needed.

14 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

To further echo this - and this is not well known. Any order over BN limits will get your order cancelled. However - their system is unfair in this way. It will let you buy more than the limit. Generally speaking limit is no more than 5. But on many sets, like the scout tropper i ordered last week, the order is 2. Since there is no way to know beforehand, it is very frustrating, especially when buying BN GC's beforehand with the exact amount needed.

What about multiple orders? Say I place an order of 2 scout troopers every week, will it go through? 

I guess I'll just try it to find it out.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, freakchem said:

What about multiple orders? Say I place an order of 2 scout troopers every week, will it go through? 

I guess I'll just try it to find it out.

No, if the order limit is 2 that is a per account lifetime limit. Before I got banned by BN I did an order of 2 on a set that was limit 5 and then did an order of 5 a few weeks later the entire order was canceled and I had to call and the guy had to manually allow me to order the 3 to reach the limit of 5. 

BN has come a long way from the days of the Kids/Pet Club, Birthday bonus, discounted GCs, Corporate B2B discounted bulk sales for no money OOP, and being one of the best dropshippers to use. 

• Like 1

I thought for sure I was going to get banned when they had those Harry Potter Bricktober figure sets. Not sure how I didnt.
That was such a great promo. My stores had tons of those figure sets. They had the 10% off gc sale going on and with the membership discount I was buying 2x 21033 Chicago for like $69 and getting the Harry Potter figures to sell for $40 a pop. I ended up with about 30 of the figure sets after hitting all the B&N in my area.

1 hour ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

how are they in terms of limits for in-store and online? if i buy something online that has a limit of 2, can i grab as many in-store as i want? assuming that i'm using this new membership and my purchases are tracked. 

all the bn i visit now (i've been to 6 in the last month) have empty lego boxes out on the shelf for each set they have available which you then take up to the counter to purchase .  then they go in the back storage room and bring out the actual set. this is to combat theft.  i'm not sure if this is how it is everywhere.   there is no way for me as a buyer to tell how many sets they have back in their storage room and the 2 times i asked someone how many they had (Sesame Street), the answer was "I'm not sure."  So I asked for "as many as they had" and they brought out 2.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

all the bn i visit now (i've been to 6 in the last month) have empty lego boxes out on the shelf for each set they have available which you then take up to the counter to purchase .  then they go in the back storage room and bring out the actual set. this is to combat theft.  i'm not sure if this is how it is everywhere.   there is no way for me as a buyer to tell how many sets they have back in their storage room and the 2 times i asked someone how many they had (Sesame Street), the answer was "I'm not sure."  So I asked for "as many as they had" and they brought out 2.

that makes sense. i was just curious if in-store purchases go against quantity limits. so if i grabbed two online, and two was the limit, wondering if that reflects for the store as well. so, less if Sharon goes to the back and brings two more out, and more if i get home after purchasing those two and getting an email that says they cancelled my account because i went over item limit.

Edited by MotorCityMuscle

30 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

that makes sense. i was just curious if in-store purchases go against quantity limits. so if i grabbed two online, and two was the limit, wondering if that reflects for the store as well. so, less if Sharon goes to the back and brings two more out, and more if i get home after purchasing those two and getting an email that says they cancelled my account because i went over item limit.

i don't think they're system was set up to do this in the past but maybe with the new program they have gotten better about tracking instore sales. if you order a lot of lego even staying under the 2x per set limit, eventually you will get banned at bn.  

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, cladner said:

i don't think they're system was set up to do this in the past but maybe with the new program they have gotten better about tracking instore sales. if you order a lot of lego even staying under the 2x per set limit, eventually you will get banned at bn.  

Not to mention a couple years ago they got new ownership as well which i'm sure has caused a lot of the changes

When i originally posted this topic i was gonna try to stop in and get some updated info from the managers or lego lady but have yet to do so due to work and other things

When i find out more info i'll update especially regarding in stores sales vs online sales....I've done the majority of my shopping with them in store because of the discount and i would always find better deals whether it was lego, records, toys, etc

• Like 1

In the past, in-store purchases did not appear to count toward the quantity limits for a ban. I purchased 16 sets of 41365 way back in June 2020 from a B&N store and didn't hear anything.

I did run into the automatic cancellation of an online order last year when I unknowingly went over the limit of 5 with 2 orders.  Still did not hear anything else and have been able to place online orders since.

As a current/future data point, I've purchased 8 sets of 21321 ISS over the past month from two B&N stores. B&N online says there is a limit of 5. I haven't been banned yet but it's still probably still too early to determine.

My last purchase was one set last Sat after I upgraded to the premium membership. The purchase has been recorded in my B&N account because my account now shows 6 stamps representing the $60+ purchase. 

I'll give a quick update to what was told yesterday from the guy who runs the records/movie dept and a lot of the upstairs

Basically as of now everything is still the same......No limits in the store and the online rules are the same......He said they're still working out the kinks in the system both in store and online so it won't be till sometime next month before everything rolls out and the system goes in full effect

Basically business is still the same until further notice....And just like with any other case whether it's b&n, target, lego sah, etc when dealing in store worst case scenario just pay cash and skip the discount/vip points if you're that worried or concerned about being banned

• Like 1