How long after retirement do you wait until selling?

This has been talked about before, but basically it all just depends. Factors like how rare the set you're selling is, how much return on investment you are trying to get, etc are all things to think about when you go to sell. Most people usually sell 1-2 years after a set is retired, some wait 3-4 years, and others may wait even longer. It all comes down to what works best for you. If you're making a profit then there is really no wrong time to sell, but selling at certain times (such as around the holidays) may help you achieve better returns.

It really depends. On demand/popularity, on the original run of the set and where you are located on the planet. but if you got an hot item and want to have some quick cash I'd say about 9-12 months. But you need not to hit yourself in the head when it continues to rise for another few years before finally leveling out. It's the literal price you pay for cashing in quickly. So bottom line, it depends.

I think that is one of those " it depends " questions. Like on how much the set has gone up after EOL. Or if its not EOL, how much you paid for it. If you paid RRP you might want to wait longer, but if you bought it 50% off RRP, then you may flip it quickly.

When you buy any set with the intention of reselling you should have a profit margin in your head... not a date of when to sell... You have to be a good jugde of whens the best time to flip.... just as stocks you need to buy low sell high

This. This. This. That is all.

Depends on the growth patterns of the set for me. If it is increasing in value like nuts, I might wait until it plateaus, then sell it. Also depends on the set. I probably am not that comfortable keeping Friends sets for very long periods of time, but have no problem holding SW sets for a super long time.

When you buy any set with the intention of reselling you should have a profit margin in your head... not a date of when to sell... You have to be a good jugde of whens the best time to flip.... just as stocks you need to buy low sell high

Nice summary. Each intentional investment should be thought over before purchase. Sure there is no 100% certainty of how well it will really perform in the secondary market, but planning ahead for both best & worst case scenarios and what to do helps. Having a basic timeframe of when to sell is a good idea, just don't count on it always going that way. Some things are better to sell before such a time, others afterwards.