Amazon "Zombie" Sets

I have a question for the pros here. For the sets that amazon "zombies" or continues to sell for a year or 2 past retirement, are the seal codes still pre retirement? Basically, I am trying to figure out if lego makes one monster batch before retirement for amazon, or do they keep the molds and continuously produce and restock them for amazon over the course of post retirement period. 

For example if I bought this guy here, would it have 2023 codes on it?

image.thumb.png.158736719dd066ee6c1a486145ac06e0.png

IT potentially can affect a buying decision.....

Edited by Bricklectic

I have a question for the pros here. For the sets that amazon "zombies" or continues to sell for a year or 2 past retirement, are the seal codes still pre retirement? Basically, I am trying to figure out if lego makes one monster batch before retirement for amazon, or do they keep the molds and continuously produce and restock them for amazon over the course of post retirement period. 
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_02/image.thumb.png.158736719dd066ee6c1a486145ac06e0.png
Buy one and let us know! Lol
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:
1 hour ago, Bricklectic said:
http://bp-forum.s3.amazonaws.com/monthly_2023_02/image.thumb.png.158736719dd066ee6c1a486145ac06e0.png

Buy one and let us know! Lol

Just remembered that I bought some san Francisco sets last year mid year. I checked and the seals are from 2021. So if that is consistently true, seems like Lego makes one mega monster batch before retiring the set.

Edited by Bricklectic