8092 - Luke's Landspeeder

chess227

How cheap did Luke's landspeeder get on clearance?

Simple question. I saw these were selling cheaper than the retail price they are available for on walmart.com. After seeing how many are selling and how cheap they are selling, I was wondering how cheap you guys were able to pick them up for after Christmas. I can't believe there is much profit in these right now. The cheapest I saw after Christmas was $17.00 but I know every Walmart does clearance differently.

• 3 weeks later...

I am disappointed in myself for not buying these while they were available for below Retail Price. My local Walmarts had them in stock too. But now I can't find them anywhere locally and they've already appreciated to $40 on Amazon.

I hate myself.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can still get them for around MSRP here:

http://www.protectingtoys.com/boys-toys/lego/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-lukes-landspeeder-8092-special-edition

I've never ordered from this site though, so I don't know anything about their reputation. Ebay has a bunch of these all the time too, though. There's a ton of supply, so this set isn't going to shoot up in value immediately.

Don't be so hard on yourself. You can still get them for around MSRP here:

http://www.protectingtoys.com/boys-toys/lego/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-lukes-landspeeder-8092-special-edition

I've never ordered from this site though, so I don't know anything about their reputation. Ebay has a bunch of these all the time too, though. There's a ton of supply, so this set isn't going to shoot up in value immediately.

You're right, I'll just keep looking locally until they turn up. They are starting to go up in price though I'm afraid. Thanks for the link.

Guest ph4tb0i

I found 2 for 15 at a walmart and just sold one for double that price. Now i'm wondering if i want to keep the other one for my collection or investment purposes...

• 2 years later...

My sister is a buyer and years ago whilst on a trip to Copenhagen, she picked up a signed Landspeeder by one of the designers responsible for Star Wars Lego.

However, she doesn't know the name of the person who signed it and I've no idea. I wonder if anyone could help shed some light?

Also would this signed, mint in box kit be worth anything?

image.jpeg

I'm sure that there's a certain cross section of people who would be interested in an item with the signature of the designer. I would have to say that they would be in  the minority and that it probably doesn't add much value. To the wider cross section of collectors, writing on the box would most likely decrease the value of a MIB set some might see no detriment, but also no bonus, leaving the value the same.

On ‎1‎/‎19‎/‎2016 at 3:41 PM, giannini78 said:

My sister is a buyer and years ago whilst on a trip to Copenhagen, she picked up a signed Landspeeder by one of the designers responsible for Star Wars Lego.

However, she doesn't know the name of the person who signed it and I've no idea. I wonder if anyone could help shed some light?

Also would this signed, mint in box kit be worth anything?

There have been a few questions over the years about whether signatures from the designers adds any value to a Lego set.  In my opinion, it only adds value if you can find a buyer who values having a signed copy of the set in question.  Personally, I wouldn't pay any additional amount for a signed Lego set, but I'm sure that there are people out there who would.