Speed Champions 2023

Pseudoty

2 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

There is going to be a City, so 6 stud, custom car garage 60389 that comes out 1/1/23 as well.

https://brickset.com/sets/60389-1/Custom-Car-Garage

Could be my first 8-wide SC set.  The skyline looks excellent with the taillights and printed wheel arches. And the front grill/bumper are very convincing.  Would love to see Brian’s other cars made as well. Also, Paul Walker minifig💔

On 12/2/2022 at 1:32 PM, BricksBrotha said:

Could be my first 8-wide SC set.  The skyline looks excellent with the taillights and printed wheel arches. And the front grill/bumper are very convincing.  Would love to see Brian’s other cars made as well. Also, Paul Walker minifig💔

Agreed.  But the cars I want are from 2 Fast 2 Furious: the '69 Yenko Camaro and '70 Dodge Challenger R/T.  Would make for an awesome $40 set.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

nice but clearly a step back from 2022 and 2021

maybe I am bias w/ iconic vintage set mixed w/ contemporary, but all super car line-up (most I never heard of), is meh for me.  

Personally, I think they look awesome.  Probably their feedback is pushing for the newer super cars.  I imagine their demographics are getting younger and the "iconic/vintage audience is getting smaller.

Maybe its a brick limitation, but I have not been impressed with their vintage builds except the larger expert builds which look great.

• Like 1

After watching the designer video the SC team really listen to their customers and make changes to give them what they want, unlike Marvel that gives us Black Panther bust and Hulkbuster  3.0.

Two years ago people got on them for the trans stickers on the Supra (which did not retire as well as the Jesko) headlights which were very hard to line up all 3 on both sides. So, last year they did all brick built headlights, a big improvement.

Last year people hated the Lotus windshield printing so they redesigned the windshields this year and created a new element so they will sit lower on the car and these cars will also sit lower to the ground. 

The 25% price increases on the singles, they will always go on sale,  and the stickers are the biggest challenge. I can’t wait to have at the Porsche I count 34 visible stickers but I am sure there are more. 

D3779737-BB44-4142-8EB6-65BB8631D09F.png

611C44A7-FD74-40AD-A4A2-8DABA0B52745.png

• Like 2

Funny the difference in opinions on these. I personally think this is one of the worst batch in many years aside from the gray car, Pagoni? Everything just looks very bland and pedestrian. 

the Ferrari looks like a Ronald McDonald car. Easy wait for half off clearance for me. 

Edited by MotorCityMuscle
  • Confused 1

On 12/31/2022 at 6:27 PM, Pseudoty said:

2023:

Perhaps my inner child is poking through, somehow seeing real world supercars in LEGO form seem like a few mods away from cruising through a cyberpunk cityscape against a hazy purple sunset. Also, these rides look fast standing still. Hot damn. (Yes, that is the point of a supercar but I'll say it anyway.) Still lovin' the piece usage this line has embraced. Continues to be sticker hell though. Haha. The Ferrari here feels like the least flashy of the bunch while the Pagani's driver has the most personality.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

what's the scoop with 76917 the Paul Walker car? lego went out of stock and they seem to be throttling retailers from selling it. its not an exclusive. something else at play here?

This is like a 2022.5 release on the old platform. The new 2023 SC are on a different platform with a new "lower to the ground element" and different wind shields. I think other retailers will have it once the official release date hits for the 2023 SC sets comes 3/1/2023, but WOW if they did a 1 and done run of these, I am keeping 1 NISB just incase. 

ETA: I posted in the "What did you do today" thread that this set would make a good flip, but I could only get the 2 online on 1/1.

Edited by Pseudoty

On 1/6/2023 at 9:29 AM, MotorCityMuscle said:

what's the scoop with 76917 the Paul Walker car? lego went out of stock and they seem to be throttling retailers from selling it. its not an exclusive. something else at play here?

Target had it for preorder March 1st it looks to be sold out. Walmart has them on the shelf today.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Speed-Champions-2-Fast-2-Furious-Nissan-Skyline-GT-R-R34-76917-Building-Toy-Set-319-Pieces/1265749696

6 minutes ago, scratchdesk said:

For BO? I grabbed 2 last night when they popped back up as available for BO. Posted in the GWP thread, doh!

Got 2 from Walmart + for delivery from store today. Can't wait to see if and what I get.

Edited by Pseudoty

15 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

For BO? I grabbed 2 last night when they popped back up as available for BO. Posted in the GWP thread, doh!

Got 2 from Walmart + for delivery from store today. Can't wait to see if and what I get.

Wasn't showing a Backorder date when I posted.  Lego inventory systems are pretty terrible so who knows...

• Like 1

• 10 months later...