What to buy this April?

If your keeping MISB for investment and returns I would get Camper Van or Vampyre Castle as feel these will be discontinued the soonest. If you're building them for fun it probably comes down to whichever one you like the most, but for me it would still be the same two sets (or the Sopwith)

Some suggestions: Unimog, Tower Bridge, any Monster fighter set, Super Star Destroyer, the millennium falcon.

right

some 10212 (not easy, I know)

I think we have to pass to a higher step:

which set we have to buy single and which multiple?

1 Unimog

3 tower bridge

1 SSD

1 Millennium Falcon

10 IS 10212

4 DAlley 10217

If your keeping MISB for investment and returns I would get Camper Van or Vampyre Castle as feel these will be discontinued the soonest. If you're building them for fun it probably comes down to whichever one you like the most, but for me it would still be the same two sets (or the Sopwith)

I'm keeping this sets for investment purpose ( long term ), I'm targeting VC since imo I can flip eat this coming Halloween or Christmas or hold it for some time

With the double VIP points going on right now, I've been tempted to order a Haunted House. However, I would prefer to wait until I'm back home in the US at the end of the month before buying it. It's a little too soon financially, but by the time I'm home, I'll be in good shape. At that point, I can pick it up from the local lego store and the money I'll save on shipping will equal the amount I would save on double VIP. I just hope that the set doesn't randomly drop off the face of the planet during the next 3-4 weeks. I'm very new to the LEGO scene (I never really had a 'Dark Ages' but I haven't really had the spare income to get the sets I was interested in until recently) so I don't know how quickly the EOL wall hits; do sets just immediately disappear, or is there usually a ~1 month timeframe to grab it before it's gone? I only ask since I see a lot of speculation about an incoming EOL for the MF sets and I want to get at least one before they're discontinued. The HH seems like the coolest one, and would be great to put out during Halloween.

With the double VIP points going on right now, I've been tempted to order a Haunted House. However, I would prefer to wait until I'm back home in the US at the end of the month before buying it. It's a little too soon financially, but by the time I'm home, I'll be in good shape. At that point, I can pick it up from the local lego store and the money I'll save on shipping will equal the amount I would save on double VIP.

I just hope that the set doesn't randomly drop off the face of the planet during the next 3-4 weeks. I'm very new to the LEGO scene (I never really had a 'Dark Ages' but I haven't really had the spare income to get the sets I was interested in until recently) so I don't know how quickly the EOL wall hits; do sets just immediately disappear, or is there usually a ~1 month timeframe to grab it before it's gone? I only ask since I see a lot of speculation about an incoming EOL for the MF sets and I want to get at least one before they're discontinued. The HH seems like the coolest one, and would be great to put out during Halloween.

Of all the MF sets, most of us here agree the Haunted House will be around well after the rest of the line goes EOL, so I would say you have plenty of time.

It's hard to say how any specific set dissapears of the market. For example, the Imperial Shuttle was still on some shelves more than a month after it had supposedly been retired. At the same time some other sets dissapear very quickly.

Thank you for the information. It definitely seems like a good set for LEGO to keep around for a while. As long as I can snag one when I get home, I'll be happy. I haven't built a LEGO building in 10+ years!

You picked a great set to build then! The HH looks GREAT, it really is one of my favorite sets.

You picked a great set to build then! The HH looks GREAT, it really is one of my favorite sets.

It looks like a very fun set. Just about all of my lego sets are vehicles, so when I saw the HH, I thought it would be a great change of pace. As it stands, I have the 8110 Unimog and 5563 Racing Truck (old school Model Team set) waiting for me back home that I'll be building, then I'll move onto the HH. Heck, I can't even remember the last time I bought a set with minifigs in it! Over the summer/fall I'd like to get the new UCS X-Wing or Sopwith Camel.

Oops, looks like I'm derailing the thread. As I mentioned, I love vehicular models, so the Sopwith Camel gets my vote. Especially with all of the great functionality, not to mention how great it looks as well. The VW looks nice as well, but doesn't really have the "it" factor for me. Don't really know why.

With the double VIP points going on right now, I've been tempted to order a Haunted House. However, I would prefer to wait until I'm back home in the US at the end of the month before buying it. It's a little too soon financially, but by the time I'm home, I'll be in good shape. At that point, I can pick it up from the local lego store and the money I'll save on shipping will equal the amount I would save on double VIP.

I just hope that the set doesn't randomly drop off the face of the planet during the next 3-4 weeks. I'm very new to the LEGO scene (I never really had a 'Dark Ages' but I haven't really had the spare income to get the sets I was interested in until recently) so I don't know how quickly the EOL wall hits; do sets just immediately disappear, or is there usually a ~1 month timeframe to grab it before it's gone? I only ask since I see a lot of speculation about an incoming EOL for the MF sets and I want to get at least one before they're discontinued. The HH seems like the coolest one, and would be great to put out during Halloween.

Yeah as others have said, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Most larger Lego sets are available at least for a year in a half to two years, and 10xxx sets like the Haunted House seem to be available even longer these days. I'm not saying it couldn't randomly disappear, but chances of that happening this year are very, very rare.