LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, WE HAVE OUR FIRST $2000 AVERAGE SET PRICE!!!

Given the constant upwardly-trending sales prices for both new and old, it is going to be exceptionally difficult for anyone to buy into this market. It might just be a case of bite the bullet now, pay the going rate, and look forward to continued growth...

Given the constant upwardly-trending sales prices for both new and old, it is going to be exceptionally difficult for anyone to buy into this market. It might just be a case of bite the bullet now, pay the going rate, and look forward to continued growth...

I thought this set would stop appreciating at $1500. I was wrong. There is a point where the 10179 will level off, but at 5% a month currently, it is still quite impressive and possibly still a good buy.

I believe that this set will keep growing at the steady rate shown for the time being. Then number of sets being sold will drop off, as more people decide to actually keep this set, rather than seek a good and relatively quick profit. Prices will rise very steeply during this limited supply period. We will then be left with a market that doesn't have the 10179. And when one does appear, it will be anyone's guess what price will be realised. I think it is time to buy....oh well, there goes the family holiday...LOL.

I believe that this set will keep growing at the steady rate shown for the time being. Then number of sets being sold will drop off, as more people decide to actually keep this set, rather than seek a good and relatively quick profit. Prices will rise very steeply during this limited supply period. We will then be left with a market that doesn't have the 10179. And when one does appear, it will be anyone's guess what price will be realised. I think it is time to buy....oh well, there goes the family holiday...LOL.

Well, I never thought I'd be saying this, but it might be the time to buy one. Even at $2000. Obviously, AFOLs with money are buying what's out there. If they pay $2000, they would probably pay $3000 for the most iconic LEGO set in history. If you are just getting back into LEGO collecting, what better way to be validated by the LEGO 'investing/collecting' community than to buy the biggest and baddest LEGO set ever made(well, 2nd biggest...to the Taj Mahal)?

To the large Brickpicker community....could you all temporarily stop buying the 10179? This will enable me to purchase one. After that, you are free once more to invest in this set. Many thanks! I can imagine the smirks across people's faces right now.....stop buying the 10179....who's he tring to kid! LOL.

To the large Brickpicker community....could you all temporarily stop buying the 10179? This will enable me to purchase one. After that, you are free once more to invest in this set. Many thanks!

I can imagine the smirks across people's faces right now.....stop buying the 10179....who's he tring to kid! LOL.

Here is a 10179 Listing I think is a good buy. It is one of the first 10,000 made with a Certificate of Authenticity to prove it. It also has the original shipping box.