Just starting out. New to the hobby and the forum

Hey guys. I've been collecting comics, 1/6th scale statues, and designer/art toys for a while, but I just recently had an epiphany and I'm starting a Lego minifig collection, so I'm here to introduce myself. I already posted a more thorough introduction in the introductions forum, so i'll just be quick here. To get started, I decided to buy a nice well rounded handful of guys. I don

Hi 1derman, I'm new to lego investment too. After doing some reading up from everywhere, i think there are a few lego sets that will be undergoing end of line (EOL) and will be a great investment. 1) Tower bridge 2) Medieval market If i am not wrong both of these sets are on either on the verge of goin EOL or have just recently went EOL. Tower bridge is a huge set and is being compared with lego sets like Taj Mahal and Eiffel tower, whose prices appreciated well after they went EOL. U can check out the prices of Taj mahal and eiffel tower, they r pretty expensive now. And there is an article on Tower bridge itself in the homepage. Medieval market is a lego set of its own with some special limited pieces, and i read that its price may even go up to double of its original after it goes EOL. I am surely going to get a set of medieval market. Yet that is my little bit of suggestion. All the best!:)

That's a lot of questions all at once. This will sound corny but you should collect what interests you if you are in it for collecting. IF you are in it for investing that's a different story and you might take advantage of all the information provided in the forums to help guide your investing decisions.

Thanks for the responses guys. I appreciate the welcome.

That's a lot of questions all at once. This will sound corny but you should collect what interests you if you are in it for collecting. IF you are in it for investing that's a different story and you might take advantage of all the information provided in the forums to help guide your investing decisions.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I've been doing.. just grabbing minifigures of all types of characters that I've loved.

I don't want to spend too much money because I spend a lot on my comic book hobby.. so I guess my biggest question is for those of you who collect a lot of minifigures.. what are the best ways to get them?

I'm definitely not ready for the investment part. I had never heard of the concept of Lego investing until I came here. It sounds like something I'd enjoy doing, but I need to take some time to do my research before I jump into that. Right now, I'm just gonna stick with the minifigures, as that was my intention before I found this place.

I bought a few more cool figures that should be coming in the mail this week.. I didn't get a gold c-3po(saw the price on eBay), but I did get the silver chrome tc-14 which I think is pretty awesome. I also got a spongebob.

Oh one more question.. where does one obtain the minifigures that are sold by Lego alone and not a part of a set? I saw the post that listed some full collections and I ended up grabbing two of them off ebay, but where would you normally get those?

• 3 weeks later...

If done right lego investing can fun your lego collecting and then some. Those EOL sets would be a good investment but if you really like these figures maybe you should read up on buying new sets and selling off the rest of the elements separately. Average mini figures aren't going to appreciate much at all since they could be purchased at most stores that carry legos.