Project Swapfig

TheOrcKing

Just read this article earlier about a new kickstarter project called Project Swapfig. It's another idea for a minifigure trading website but this one is built from the ground up by real Lego fan enthusiast, Drew Maughan aka SilentMode, the amount for the pledge is not that ridiculousy high, and there are some real screenshots of what the site will look like.

Here's the article on Brickset.

And the kickstarter page.

Edit:

Although the kickstarter project did not reach it's goal of

• 1 month later...

I like the idea, but for us here, will there be an option to swap figs through the new classifieds?

There will be a trading option on the Brick Classifieds for any sort of LEGO item, sets or minifigures. The person who wants to trade will post a "Trade Listing" that describes and lists the sets or minifigures they have and what they are looking for. Other members will be able to make offers to the person who posted the ad. We stay out of it. We let you use the Brick Classified to connect a buyer and seller or 2 traders and start a dialog, but we don't get involved with the actual transactions until people leave feedback on the process. It's a simple, yet we hope, effective way of letting people find one another to make deals.

There will be a trading option on the Brick Classifieds for any sort of LEGO item, sets or minifigures. The person who wants to trade will post a "Trade Listing" that describes and lists the sets or minifigures they have and what they are looking for. Other members will be able to make offers to the person who posted the ad. We stay out of it. We let you use the Brick Classified to connect a buyer and seller or 2 traders and start a dialog, but we don't get involved with the actual transactions until people leave feedback on the process. It's a simple, yet we hope, effective way of letting people find one another to make deals.Do we have a release date of Brick Classifieds? It sounds good, and I can't wait to list something!

Anybody else sign up the the site? I think it is decent but I already sent out a couple of trades and they have just sat there. No response from the other party. I assume if you get a trade offer you get an email. I was hoping the new site would help eliminate this.