Andor - Disney+ Discussion Thread (SPOILERS)

TANV

"One way out."

Each time I think "This episode is the best Star Wars I've seen," it always keeps escalating somehow. This show is a GOOD show without magic space wizards or laser swords! I am very much surprised and on the edge of my seat often with the acting, the set pieces, and the storytelling. The writing is so much more in depth and complex for something I would've never expected from Disney Star Wars.

Also casting Stellan Skarsgård is PHENOMENAL! Chef's kiss!

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, TANV said:

"One way out."

Each time I think "This episode is the best Star Wars I've seen," it always keeps escalating somehow. This show is a GOOD show without magic space wizards or laser swords! I am very much surprised and on the edge of my seat often with the acting, the set pieces, and the storytelling. The writing is so much more in depth and complex for something I would've never expected from Disney Star Wars.

Also casting Stellan Skarsgård is PHENOMENAL! Chef's kiss!

Agreed, loving this show, but the rewatchability is lacking compared to other visual effects heavy Star Wars film/TV media.

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

Also, the story telling, framing and mystery behind the jail predicament on Narkina 5 has been diabolical. Simple, yet tantalizing. 

We see how the Empire actually affects normal people's lives and how insidious it can be. It's not so much as incompetent stormtroopers or tons of disposable TIE fighters, but a vast, bureaucratic and dehumanizing MACHINE that consumes people. What I also love about this show is the great sense of scale it gives you. Every location feels...REAL.

• Like 2

I think people who slept on this show because they were let down by BoBF or Kenobi really missed out. Great writing and pacing.

I had to read the transcript of Forrest Whittaker’s short cameo as Saw Guerra because I didn’t pick up on all the nuances but it was well worth the read. We’ve never really gotten a clear picture of how the Rebel alliance formed and it’s refreshing to get some nuance and see how messy things were.

Any ideas about the equation Luthen Rael alluded to at the end of the last episode?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Pseudoty said:

I have been avoiding this thread and any spoilers. Make sure you watch the post credits to see what they were building. Great show. 

Great first season ending. It wraps up the threads, sets up the second season, and excellent writing overall. 

"If I could do it again, I'd wake up early and be fighting these bastards from the start! FIGHT THE EMPIRE!"

• Like 2

Great show, has made me go back to watch Rogue One and try and collect those Minifigures.

Surprised that the Rogue one sets haven't really appreciated much even though retired in 2018. Scariff / shoretroppers and K2S0 minifigs going for good money

Edited by Voltron
  • Like 2