Bricklink

Hi guys, I want your opinion. There is a guy on Bricklink selling some old sets I want complete with boxes for a resonable price. Catch is he has zero feedback. Looking around at his store nothing else really throws any red flags up nevertheless the feedback(or lack of it ) concerns me. Does paypal offer protection if it is not an ebay transaction? keen to hear what others think..........

• 1 month later...

So, today I finally sold my first set on Bricklink. I have been selling on eBay most of the time and decided to give it a try and change venues for once and see how it goes. I have to say that the process is not as hard as it seems to be at first glance. Everything went smoothly, and it was really good to get a look at those low fees in the end! haha. Anyway, I am very optimist about this site's selling tool being a lot better. So I will be holding off most of my sales until you guys get that going!

So, today I finally sold my first set on Bricklink. I have been selling on eBay most of the time and decided to give it a try and change venues for once and see how it goes. I have to say that the process is not as hard as it seems to be at first glance. Everything went smoothly, and it was really good to get a look at those low fees in the end! haha.

Anyway, I am very optimist about this site's selling tool being a lot better. So I will be holding off most of my sales until you guys get that going!

That's good news. I've never sold anything on Brinklink because I sell mostly on eBay. The new Brickpicker feature will allow for faster and better transactions between trustworthy sellers and buyers. It is going to be awesome. (:

That's good news. I've never sold anything on Brinklink because I sell mostly on eBay. The new Brickpicker feature will allow for faster and better transactions between trustworthy sellers and buyers. It is going to be awesome. (:

I think the biggest issue with selling on Bricklink if you have never done it is dealing with the fact that you don't have any feedback. Everyone starts with 0, but buyers don't see it like that and that causes them to purchase from better rated sellers. The key to beat that, and a major disadvantage, is that you need to price your sets to be the lowest available and even then it takes a while to finally sell.

At least that was my experience.

Brick Classifieds will be very similar to Bricklink in theory. Basically, Bricklink connects a buyer and a seller. Bricklink itself takes no real responsibility for transactions and neither do we. It is really up for members to work deals between themselves. Like Bricklink, we will enable the buyer and seller to produce an invoice and communicate about the terms and the seller has access to current worldwide shipping prices. There will a feedback system, various payment modules and navigation is pretty straightforward. Most of all, it's very cost effective...especially on sets that are more than $20. Like Bricklink, success of the site will depend on members being honest and fair with one another and taking advantage of the low fees and passing them on to one another.

Brick Classifieds will be very similar to Bricklink in theory. Basically, Bricklink connects a buyer and a seller. Bricklink itself takes no real responsibility for transactions and neither do we. It is really up for members to work deals between themselves. Like Bricklink, we will enable the buyer and seller to produce an invoice and communicate about the terms and the seller has access to current worldwide shipping prices. There will a feedback system, various payment modules and navigation is pretty straightforward. Most of all, it's very cost effective...especially on sets that are more than $20.

Like Bricklink, success of the site will depend on members being honest and fair with one another and taking advantage of the low fees and passing them on to one another.

I'd feel more confident buying from a BP member than someone on another site. Hopefully there have been enough threads about terrible packaging and such that BP sellers go the extra mile to make the system work really well. I promise well packaged sets from my end!

I'd feel more confident buying from a BP member than someone on another site. Hopefully there have been enough threads about terrible packaging and such that BP sellers go the extra mile to make the system work really well. I promise well packaged sets from my end!

I agree. I really don't think we will have too much problems at the beginning because sellers will most likely be people who constantly post in the forums and I would guess that would in some way more conscious about packing and all that. Now, when people start coming here strictly for listing their sets and do not participate in the discussions or just don't feel that "pressure" to deliver better quality service is when we might start seeing the same issues with packing and all that.

I sell on both bricklink and Ebay. Ebay gives me the most grief but more reach in view of customers. Ebay's fees are expensive and the whole system feels set up for buyers not sellers. Im really excited about selling on here as hopefully the product will be going to genuine buyers not just chancers. Everytime I sell a big set on ebay i cross my fingers because if someone said it wasnt as discribed your screwed. good luck guys

So, today I finally sold my first set on Bricklink. I have been selling on eBay most of the time and decided to give it a try and change venues for once and see how it goes. I have to say that the process is not as hard as it seems to be at first glance. Everything went smoothly, and it was really good to get a look at those low fees in the end! haha.

Anyway, I am very optimist about this site's selling tool being a lot better. So I will be holding off most of my sales until you guys get that going!

I recently sold my first set on Bricklink too, although in my case it was the first set that I've ever sold anywhere. I would have to agree that it takes a little while for people to buy from you if you don't have any ratings!

I am also looking forward to Brickpicker's selling tool to be released to give that a try.

I agree. I really don't think we will have too much problems at the beginning because sellers will most likely be people who constantly post in the forums and I would guess that would in some way more conscious about packing and all that. Now, when people start coming here strictly for listing their sets and do not participate in the discussions or just don't feel that "pressure" to deliver better quality service is when we might start seeing the same issues with packing and all that.

Over time, the feedback system will become more accurate. If people are lousy sellers, the rest of the community will know about it.

• 2 weeks later...

Brick Classifieds will be very similar to Bricklink in theory. Basically, Bricklink connects a buyer and a seller. Bricklink itself takes no real responsibility for transactions and neither do we. It is really up for members to work deals between themselves. Like Bricklink, we will enable the buyer and seller to produce an invoice and communicate about the terms and the seller has access to current worldwide shipping prices. There will a feedback system, various payment modules and navigation is pretty straightforward. Most of all, it's very cost effective...especially on sets that are more than $20.

Like Bricklink, success of the site will depend on members being honest and fair with one another and taking advantage of the low fees and passing them on to one another.

What is Brick Classifieds?

What is Brick Classifieds?

Basically a side project site that Ed & Jeff are coming up with that will allow people to list an item the same way you would in a newspaper for $1 or less to sell. There will be a simple feedback system, tools to calculate shipping before purchase, and no commission fees among other goodies. Here's the thread for it that goes into great detail.