Kijiji.ca - buy/sell/trade

Guest AnnexBrett

Guest AnnexBrett

Fellow Canadian Investors! Please share your experience- good or bad- regarding buying/selling/trading sets on Kijiji.ca All opinion, thought is appreciated!

I think Kijiji can be valuable if you use it right... A lot of people searching Kijiji are often looking for a good/great deal so selling your most valuable Lego sets may not yield great results but selling the lower-middle value sets will probably be better. That said, it's free to list on Kijiji so make a template of what you're selling and use it when it comes time to list other sets. I've sold a few valuable "non-Lego" items on Kijiji and you also have to watch out for the buyers who claim to be from another country and need you to do the old :"send some money to my local pick-up company and they'll bring the rest of the funds when they pick the item up." Ignore any offers like that or have some fun with them. I've bought MISB sets on Kijiji with good luck. If you sell on Kijiji, at a minimum accept PayPal as it offers the buyer a little more confidence. The big scammers do the "email money transfer."

Guest ph4tb0i

Haven't sold Lego on there yet (been starting with Criagslist) but be prepared to get low-balled like no tomorrow. I do sell non-lego things there around Christmas time and I usually get positive results.

Guest AnnexBrett

I have been selling Lego's on Kijiji for a while now. I am just looking for others opinion. I found it great for trading sets. Also I scored a few good deal as well. Selling - yes there are a lots of 'Please sell your 10127 for $50 for me, you would make my son very happy' type of responses, but I am now just brush them off - email lands in the trash. I believe a well design ad - with actual photos and all the conditions- could lead a possible success. So continue sharing your experience!

I've had some success, but I have had to get used to ridiculous low-ball offers (as others have mentioned). I've grabbed a few nice used sets (for my own building pleasure, not for flipping/investing) at a nice discount. I didn't low ball, but offered a little less.

Guest AnnexBrett

Check this out!! Unbelievable...!! http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-Lego-Star-Destroyer-project-W0QQAdIdZ469696488 How much should I offer?

Guest AnnexBrett

First off I don't even know what set this is and second why would you want a set that has been glued together with Elmer's glue???

The offer question was an ironic one! ... its an 10221 SSD set...