Cannot get Walmart website to ship to home

Average Guy

As I get older and more set in the way I think things should be, or the way things were, I find myself annoyed and frustrated at a lot of changes to websites and apps. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a wrench set from Walmart shipped to my home. It's the $6 set that every store should have, and the app and the website says 4 stores in my area have but I went to all four on my hunting rounds and none of them have this item Hyper Tough 6-Piece Combination Wrench Set, Metric - Walmart.com

If anyone has any suggestions on what I'm missing I would appreciate it. Whenever I use the website and add the item to my shopping cart, it says for home delivery or store pickup. No where do I see the option of having it shipped to my home. I have other items to purchase to bring the minimum up to free shipping, but these items also show only for pickup or for home delivery. That home delivery is kind of a double-edged sword: I've had a Lego kit just left in the retail box with an order label on it, and others have been bagged to protect from the elements. The thing about the wrenches is I know none of the stores have it on the shelf and I don't know/want to deal with an incomplete order for fear of losing free shipping or of substitutes at higher prices. I don't know if they do either of those scenarios.   

That wrench set is not available online for me.  It is only available for store pick up and only at a few stores nearby.  Have you tried ordering for store pickup?  Sometimes they put items on the back that are available for store pickup even though you cannot find them on the shelves.  Worst case scenario, they can't find them and cancel your pickup order.   

2 hours ago, Average Guy said:

As I get older and more set in the way I think things should be, or the way things were, I find myself annoyed and frustrated at a lot of changes to websites and apps. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to get a wrench set from Walmart shipped to my home. It's the $6 set that every store should have, and the app and the website says 4 stores in my area have but I went to all four on my hunting rounds and none of them have this item Hyper Tough 6-Piece Combination Wrench Set, Metric - Walmart.com

If anyone has any suggestions on what I'm missing I would appreciate it. Whenever I use the website and add the item to my shopping cart, it says for home delivery or store pickup. No where do I see the option of having it shipped to my home. I have other items to purchase to bring the minimum up to free shipping, but these items also show only for pickup or for home delivery. That home delivery is kind of a double-edged sword: I've had a Lego kit just left in the retail box with an order label on it, and others have been bagged to protect from the elements. The thing about the wrenches is I know none of the stores have it on the shelf and I don't know/want to deal with an incomplete order for fear of losing free shipping or of substitutes at higher prices. I don't know if they do either of those scenarios.   

I also hate this. Sometimes I just want the item shipped in a box and left at my door with no expectation of a tip. When it's coming directly from the store I alway s feel pressured to tip.

14 hours ago, Average Guy said:

Basically I'm asking the Hoard: will Walmart only ship items that the nearest store doesn't carry? If the nearest store has the item in stock, is the shipping option automatically deleted?