What are some Dark Horses in your collection?

Ever buy a Lego set that you didn't expect to take off in value? What is your favorite in your collection? What made you buy it in the first place? I was sitting and submitting a few sets into my own brickfolio and came across the City Camper 7639. I bought this set at a B2G1 free deal at TRU at slightly above msrp back then so the deal was decent. When I glanced at it today I saw that it nearly tripled in value from what I paid for it (less shipping and fees of course). I bought a few of them because I saw a MOC of someone converting it into a zombie fighting war vehicle. I thought the design and detail were clever and it was a solid looking all purpose vehicle though the minifigures weren't anything special. I'm sure there might be some others in my collection but today that set in particular jumped out at me.

Which is why I think the van will do just as well. You don't hear much about it and it's twice the model that the Beetle was.

I think the van will do well, but I also think quite a few people are thinking the same and it may not do quite as well as the Beetle.

Which is why I think the van will do just as well. You don't hear much about it and it's twice the model that the Beetle was.

I think the van will do well, but I also think quite a few people are thinking the same and it may not do quite as well as the Beetle.

I think the van will do pretty well, but not as well as the bug. Even though the van is a lot more detailed than the bug, I feel the bug is more loved by VW and car fans than the van. Also more people are investing now than 2008 when the bug was available. I guess we'll see.......

Ever buy a Lego set that you didn't expect to take off in value?

Oh man, too many to mention really. I have a variety of sets that when I look up their value I'm like "No way!". Some of the City ones surprise me. Somewhat more current, when I had looked up the values for the Naboo Starfighter/Naboo Planet set, that honestly surprised me. It did REAL good right out the gate and has performed better than the others overall. I didn't think it would do that well so soon. The other Planets, I wasn't too surprised with the way how they performed.

Oh man, too many to mention really. I have a variety of sets that when I look up their value I'm like "No way!". Some of the City ones surprise me. Somewhat more current, when I had looked up the values for the Naboo Starfighter/Naboo Planet set, that honestly surprised me. It did REAL good right out the gate and has performed better than the others overall. I didn't think it would do that well so soon. The other Planets, I wasn't too surprised with the way how they performed.

The naboo planet is pretty surprising. I would have expected Tatooine just because of the new mold for Sebulba that was only available in the pod racers otherwise.

I would have expected Tatooine just because of the new mold for Sebulba that was only available in the pod racers otherwise.

Me too. For me, Tatooine was one that sold fairly well and disappeared off shelves first. Naboo lingered around forever. Even when Target had that 50% off sale, they still just sat there. Target even went as far as putting them down to 70% off and they still sat there! Well okay, they started to get off shelves but oh so slowly. That Death Star Planet could do better I think if there haven't been so many listings. Seriously, there's like a little more than 150 sold listings for that Death Star Planet in the past twelve months.

Me too. For me, Tatooine was one that sold fairly well and disappeared off shelves first. Naboo lingered around forever. Even when Target had that 50% off sale, they still just sat there. Target even went as far as putting them down to 70% off and they still sat there! Well okay, they started to get off shelves but oh so slowly. That Death Star Planet could do better I think if there haven't been so many listings. Seriously, there's like a little more than 150 sold listings for that Death Star Planet in the past twelve months.The DS sales might just be because you can still buy it through other means aside from Ebay still. Once it's gone though and people can't easily get it, people will realize they want it. Or so I hope, lol.