Lego Star Wars Display

Brick625

Ed will reply to your question in a little bit. He is the king of buying LEGO displays. He has a ton of them and they are truly awesome. They are great show pieces. I am not sure what he paid for all of his, so that's why he will be a better reference. I think it comes down to the individual for these. Some love them, many don't have room for them, but a display like this can fit in just about any bedroom, etc.

Hi, i am new to lego investing - today i saw for sale the Lego Star Wars Display (hes asking for $220) - is this a good investment?

thanks for all the help

I think that is an excellent price. I paid $250 for mine and they consistently sell for $225-$300, if not more. Is it being shipped? Sometimes that is costly. Investment wise, it is a difficult call. Since all the LEGO store displays were supposed to be destroyed after use, they are all rare, yet display prices have been stagnant lately.

Personally, I think they are fantastic. This one in particular is very cool. It has motion and the light display is very dramatic. If you have the room and want a wonderful display piece, buy it. If you are looking for something that will appreciate like a Cafe Corner, maybe it's not the best choice.

On a personal note, I have 40-50 LEGO store displays and they were not bought for investments, they were bought for enjoyment. But that is just me. Good luck...

I think that is an excellent price. I paid $250 for mine and they consistently sell for $22-$300, if not more. Is it being shipped? Sometimes that is costly. Investment wise, it is a difficult call. Since all the LEGO store displays were supposed to be destroyed after use, they are all rare, yet display prices have been stagnant lately.

Personally, I think they are fantastic. This one in particular is very cool. It has motion and the light display is very dramatic. If you have the room and want a wonderful display piece, buy it. If you are looking for something that will appreciate like a Cafe Corner, maybe it's not the best choice.

On a personal note, I have 40-50 LEGO store displays and they were not bought for investments, they were bought for enjoyment. But that is just me. Good luck...

Wouldn't mind seeing some of those displays.

Since I am coming across a bunch, here are a few more. Note one of Ed's pride and joy, 'The Phenix' on top of his display cases. That thing is simply amazing. The Hero Factory one has animation in it, it is a holographic movie with sound. Very impressive.

Those are cool. Are the legos glued together?

Yes, the store displays are glued. The large white, 10 foot long ship, THE PHENIX, is not. How do I know? Long story short...I won that 30,000 piece ship on a charity auction run by THE BROTHERS BRICK Blog. A very cool, creative and generous Frenchman, Christophe Corthay, built and donated this beautiful ship.

It was smashed in transit from France and Christophe flew into the US and repaired it at my business. Photos of Christophe repairing the ship can be found on the MOC Pages.

@ ED - do you know how to turn off the lights of the display? :)

You don't...unless you remove the batteries. It has a motion detector that starts the light sequence when you walk in front of it. If you take a piece of tape and cover it up, it will stop. It was meant for a store isle. When customers walked by, it would start the show.

• 4 weeks later...

I think I'm gonna pay a little visit to my toy store and find out what they do with those displays.

I don't think anyone over here p

The LEGO displays are supposed to be thrown away. Make friends with the toy department manager and you might be able to acquire one. I know some of these store workers keep them for themselves, which is against store and LEGO policy I believe.