Hello from Fairfax, Virginia

I've been partial to the LEGO brick since a young boy and still have my collection. I recently acquired a plethora of bricks from an antique store (belonged to owner's kids) and made off with the whole collection. After washing for days, I am ready to build!

I love architecture, so I like building buildings.

Lol, "building buildings"! Gotta love those punny puns! Welcome to BrickPicker, ecajun! In random lots that you buy, there are almost always complete sets buried somewhere deep in there that are worth something significant. Always a bit tedious to do this, but in my opinion, it is worth it! Check out the "BrickVesting" Articles and "Evaluation" Articles by Ed and Jeff Mack (top dogs on BrickPicker that started it up) and many other members here!

Hi there -- I've been a nominal BrickPicker member for a few months, but didn't look at the Forums until this morning. There's lots of good stuff here! I'm also live in the Washington, DC area, in Bethesda. Maybe we'll bump into each other while racing off to find clearance-priced Lego somewhere! Or maybe at some other area Lego events. Have either of you attended BrickFair? (As you probably know, it's a huge 4 day convention at the Dulles Expo Center in early August). Or maybe any monthly WAMALUG meetings (sadly, I seem to only get to one or two a year). A short time ago, I that a thread about selling Lego on eBay included questions about selling on Amazon. I've been an Amazon seller since last April, so I'm going to post some info there and try to respond to a couple of the questions that were raised. Again, glad to know you folks are involved here. I'll keep an eye out for your posts.

Haven't been to the brickfair, but will try to attend next one. Thanks!

Definitely try to go, it is very impressive! Tons of great MOC's built by people from all over. Be sure to get there early though as it doesn't take long for the line to get long.

Welcome! Never made it to Fairfax, but I was stationed just outside of Richmond for awhile. Virginia's a bit expensive, but a nice place. Enjoy the site!

Why thank you, Virginia is very nice, but you're right it is quite expensive. The cost of living, especially around the D.C. area is ridiculous! It's really cutting into my Lego fund ;)

I'm from Richmond, where were you stationed?

I was at Ft. Lee, but only for a few months. It's a smaller Army post between interstate 95 and 295 near Petersburg about an hour or so South of Richmond where they do mostly training. I was briefly attached to a signal company before being re-assigned to Ft. Hood, Texas.

• 2 weeks later...

I am originally from Springfield, just south of DC. Brickfair is great I used to go before I moved. I am going to try to get up there for this years show.

You should definitely go! It is a show you don't want to miss! Where are you living now that you're not in Springfield?

You should definitely go! It is a show you don't want to miss! Where are you living now that you're not in Springfield?

I live in Roanoke, VA now, been here about 4 years. I am definitely going to try to make it to Brickfair this year, I used to go every year and I really miss it.