Seeking Design Ideas for a Display Room

I'm lucky enough to be able to dedicate a small room to displaying my Lego sets.  I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to display them.  I think my ideal solution would be to build clear shelves on all walls, floor to ceiling.  However, from what I've seen acrylic thick enough to serve as a shelf is going to cost quite a bit.  The other option would be to build some standard wood shelves (painted white).  My concern with wood shelves is that it would cause issues being able to view the sets as you get toward the ceiling.  I'm seeking suggestions on material, sourcing of material, design or whatever ideas you may have.  Please share your photos if you have designed your own display room/wall/etc.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_6576.jpg

46 minutes ago, BRIX23 said:

I'm lucky enough to be able to dedicate a small room to displaying my Lego sets.  I'm having trouble figuring out the best way to display them.  I think my ideal solution would be to build clear shelves on all walls, floor to ceiling.  However, from what I've seen acrylic thick enough to serve as a shelf is going to cost quite a bit.  The other option would be to build some standard wood shelves (painted white).  My concern with wood shelves is that it would cause issues being able to view the sets as you get toward the ceiling.  I'm seeking suggestions on material, sourcing of material, design or whatever ideas you may have.  Please share your photos if you have designed your own display room/wall/etc.  Thanks in advance!

IMG_6576.jpg

You can go w/ a thinner (more cost effective) acrylic and use wooden frame to reinforce them.  Should still allow sufficient light to pass through.  Or put in LED lights in traditional shelfing.

You've got some big sets from varying series. Its going to be a challenge even in a dedicated room.  One thing I've always wanted to try was to suspend platforms using fishing line so you can change the heights and stagger them as needed.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...