LEGO Shipping Error

An order I placed recently arrived today. But upon opening the box, inside was another persons order and invoice.

All I had coming in was a small 40557 Defense of Hoth set that was on backorder from a larger order I had made during the May the 4th. promotion. Instead, I received a couple small flower sets (40460 Roses, 40461 Tulips), a 21170 Minecraft Pig House, an 21181 Minecraft The Rabbit Ranch, and a 40516 Everyone is Awesome set.

Has anyone experienced this before? How did you handle it?

What mistake? Seems like a bank error in your favor. 

The person who was supposed to get it will reach out and they will fix the order. 

Direct from the FTC.gov website:

By law, companies can't send unordered merchandise to you, then demand payment. That means you never have to pay for things you get but didn't order. You also don't have to return unordered merchandise. You're legally entitled to keep it as a free gift.

• Like 1

I would call with your order # and tell them you received the wrong item so that they will send what you actually wanted.  Not sure if they will issue you a return shipping label for the other persons order or just let you keep them, but keep us updated. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I had something similar happen recently. I received several incorrect sets along with the correct invoice identifying my order. I called CS and they sent a shipping label to me and asked for me to return the incorrect sets. They shipped out the correct sets right away.

• Like 1

I've only had this happen with receiving a framed print that was for someone else.  To my knowledge, I'd never even ordered from this company before for them to have my info.  I called them since I looked it up and it was a several hundred dollar print, and they said keep it.  Unfortunately, IMO, it was ugly as hell so we just sold it on Craigslist or something for probably 25% what it would have retailed for.  Free Lego sets, yeah, now we're looking at a moral dilemma, lol.

• Like 1